308k boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss 308k boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

electry2

Hi to all,

While servicing a vapourising sleave burner, 308k, I found a water leak on back wall of chamber.

So, 1, does any one know how to access the boiler, bearing in mind I only have 40cm space on left side to the wall?
My aga trainer claims to go in from side, but I dont recall seeing screw or , bolts etc.was I missing the obvious? Or is access from the back?

I know boiler needs to be decommissioned and ideally removed or at minimum can be left safe with open flow and return with empty boiler but what do you then do with flow and return to the storage tank, bearing in mind that it is also heated by an immersion?

Reason iask is that I only work on oil servicing side and dont get involved in the wet plumbing. Was wandering wether I need to advise client on more than I did and for future reference.

Any help would be appreciated.

if you have a AGA trainer, ask him surely, otherwise off top to get at boiler, although I never bother as if its rotted out the rest of the rayburn is normally on its way out anyhow. some say cut flow n return and fill boiler with fine sand to rehder it safe to heat again.

Re the plumbing side out with f n e tank after drain down and cut the pipes. best to cap the coil in n out in case thats gone and be more careful your gravity system isnt on a direct cyl as that could be interesting if you get things wrong. How do you fault find a heating system if you know nought about how they work is my only question?

Thanks. I did ask him but I got a different answer?
I am fine with the oil appliance side of the work, I just havent the experience or knowledge to know each make and models build layout.I do have an idea of plumbing system and figured that it would atleast need draining down and flow stopped at f n e tank, but plumbing is not my strong point, as I told the client, I was after confirmation and or learning for future reference and I thank you for giving me that.
1 more question though, do you fill boiler via the flow inlet? Or is that too fiddley?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks much appreciated , yes those isolation...
Replies
Views
R
Wb 4000 recently installed, and just balanced...
Replies
Views
Return temperature
R
You've already spent thousands on a new boiler...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
As long as your flow pipe is getting hot first...
Replies
Views
Back