6mm and 8mm copper coil | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss 6mm and 8mm copper coil in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 6mm not so sure about the 8mm, will have a look.
Whats an off cut ? it's not 10Metres is it :wink:

Can we ask what it is for ?

I've got 1m of each and I'll post anywhere in the uk for £145........takers?

Can we ask what it is for ?
I am making up a fuel line for my Honda Monkey Bike. Very restricted space, so will be salt bending the coils, and connecting with some rubber fuel line, to stop cracking. Need about half a meter of 6mm and 10cm of 8mm. Just so i can make 2 up, if i bugger the 1st :p

Its for new break pipes on vehicle,

I found about 20m of 8mm in the garage this afternoon. Ive had it that long I think its antique.

Go down the nearest scrappy and barter, probably cheaper than the postage

postage still cheaper than eblag.

I will try tomorrow, but quite strict around here.

Well I was in luck, 4 metal places. Tiny bit of 8cm free and some 6mm from another free.

hopefully got enough, and will post a pic when i'm done.

Done.

I wanted to go around and have a straight piece of 8mm rubber to the copper but bending it was a bugger. so a 270 ish loop that drops height.

Soldered on about a cm of 8mm on end for the larger rubber tube. Wouldn't get that bend out rubber without kinking.

I would call it a bodge job, the way i went about making it, but it's come out ok.

. copper-fuel.jpg

Thanks for help chaps.

Not sure the solder joint will survive the bumps and vibration, best you keep a good eye on it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

J
  • Question
Depending on the design of the door and...
Replies
Views
Yes stnd domestic meter The gas engineer can...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Doesn’t really answer any of my questions but...
Replies
Views
Back