Add additional radiator | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Add additional radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Hi! Pumped ch/hot water (motorised valve) system has three radiators and towel rail all on 8mm copper. Both flow and return 22mm pipes have four 8mm connections before a stop end.
I wish to add a fifth radiator, preferably with 8mm copper. Can anyone please suggest the best way to connect? The new radiator will be sited in a bedroom, quite close to an existing radiator on the upstairs landing.
I'm not a plumber (can you tell?), but have successfully replaced the existing radiators to the existing pipe work.
Any advice welcomed.

that was quick, Fanjon! Thanks. Do I understand: 22mm tee from both F and R to 8mm reducer?
BTW your face looks familiar..

Yep you will end up with a couple of reducers to get to 8 mm . Or buy 2 more manifolds with more connections.
Its more warning you not to go buy 2 x8 mm tees and nick the supply off another rad . It never works .

Yep you will end up with a couple of reducers to get to 8 mm . Or buy 2 more manifolds with more connections.
Its more warning you not to go buy 2 x8 mm tees and nick the supply off another rad . It never works .
Your prompt response is very much appreciated, townfanjon, thanks!
Also acknowledge how helpful this forum is for we with a little knowledge, but senes to know when to stop!

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
Thanks for letting us know.
Replies
Views
They can stick quite easily, try a spray with...
Replies
Views
  • Question
We currently have the ground floor wet UFH and...
Replies
Views
A simple thing i'd probably check is the...
Replies
Views
Back