Air freshner blocking toilet | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Air freshner blocking toilet in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

logger

Hope some of you can point me in the right direction, going to have a look at a blocked toilet tomo that the owners are sure is been blocked by one of the rim air freshners ? Any advice on what to use !!!
cheers everyone

yup toilet out. hand down pipe. if your lucky it'll be stuck in the pan connector

I've found that I usually find them at the first branch of the sewer

Roll ur sleeve up and get stuck in. T'is the only way :( Ps if its blocked because of that it will defiantly be still in the wc outlet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great, luckly its gonna be my last job. Cant really turn up to a job smelling of....... Haha

time to get out the old calving gloves poncy vets use now, the long sleeves are quite useful

dont put your hand down it, take the pan out turn around it will be at the last part of the toilet before it leaves the pan

I love the smell of crappacinos in the morning. ...smells like victory ;)
Hopefully it's near the outlet of the cludgy or you might need to get them drain rods oot.

Double salmon hook #10, lashed to something flexable of a fine diameter. Wiggled down the hole, wait until you feel resistance and strike.

They should be banned if it wasn't for the fact that they can be a money maker for us!

Anyone got a source of those armpit length gauntlets ?
Longest I've found was these: Showa Best 690 Chemical Hazard 24" Gauntlets Blue Large | PVC & Rubber Gloves | NoLinkingToThis
We have a sewer that every few months needs a decoke and keep putting off shoving arm down there :) (coz I'm a woosa !!)

Hope some of you can point me in the right direction, going to have a look at a blocked toilet tomo that the owners are sure is been blocked by one of the rim air freshners ? Any advice on what to use !!!
cheers everyone

If it`s anything like the sort of low life flats I go to I`d wear welding gloves. Or get every jab you can from the doctor first.

Parkers Merchanting
Yep however they are a REXEL comapny and in our sector they have the worst reputaion of all for delivering late / missing items / wrong items and items going out of stock between order and despatch !!!

If it`s anything like the sort of low life flats I go to I`d wear welding gloves. Or get every jab you can from the doctor first.

Possible danger of 'sharps' / needles in the trap also - one jab from that and it aint hep b its aids !!#

Its no problem - you should always wash your hands afterwards
and not pick your nose in between - no need for gauntlets etc
just get on with it centralheatking

I agree go in bare back then throw your findings to the apprentice who has his jumper over his nose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Sorry for the late post on this but just...
Replies
Views
Managed go get a bucket full of baby wipes out...
Replies
Views
R
There are a few things that could be causing...
Replies
Views
Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
A
If the toilet is blocking up gradually it...
Replies
Views
Back