Air lock in heat slave boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Air lock in heat slave boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KevB

Central heating and hot water stopped working in a Worcester heat slave 20 25 combi After re setting the overheat thermostat I found the pump was turning, burner was firing up and the diverter valve was operating. I opened the bleed nipples and the one for the water jacket around the combustion chamber let air out for about 25 minutes. After bleeding all the air out including the pump topped up from the filling loop tested again and the boiler worked perfectly and the water from the tap they tell me seems hotter now than previously. My question is how did so much air build up in the boiler as it is a sealed unvented system the system hasn’t been topped up for over 18 months as that’s how long they have lived there and they didn’t even know about the filling loop which was concealed behind the kitchen units. The pressure gauge was on about .6 to .7 bar when cold but did drop down after venting out the air. No obvious leaks anywhere on the system.
Just bugs me where the air has come from. I did check the expansion vessel and that was fine no water in the air side and pressure of just under 1 bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Lou, It's been the same since 19th May...
Replies
Views
Yeah I think there was loose wiring in the...
Replies
Views
I'm going to go tomorrow to switch it off for...
Replies
Views
the pressure of my boiler looks unstable...
Replies
Views
IMO, the boiler should be derated to ~ 20kw...
Replies
Views
Back