air trapped in boiler circuit | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss air trapped in boiler circuit in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearance distances to the boiler. That's what you call boxed in. Does casing even come off with the wood on the top.

on a side note is there a way I can check this has been registered with building control? I assume he was supposed too.

if I manually open both dhw and central heating valves then run the pump without the boiler running for say 24hrs, do you think I might be able to shift the air pocket?

Last edited:
Who's cut out the air separator and the pump and capped the cold feed. Yes it's dangerous ! Bloody idiots. . Was it your muffin who did the work above boiler? Get the pleb back.

Is the engineer gas safe registered?
The 4 pipes coming off the boiler, come from different heights from the heat exchanger,
Step 1 is to get air valves put on those pipes instead of caps. These caps are incorrect!!
step 2 Leave the hot water on overnight, (do not jam the hot water valve on as this could be dangerous), just leave it on at the programmer and use as much hot water as possible!!
step 3 get engineer back to replace the PRV pipework (D1) as this is wrong and other errors in pipwork

finally had time to take a pic, excuse the pipe insulation that's my effort at lagging it all, basically if it gets warm I lag it:

What a mess the installer is a muppet. The boiler shouldn't be left looking like that but the unvented shouldn't be installed like that. It's a requirement that all pipe work. E lagged 1m from boiler. The d1 is well over spec.

Wiring looks nice and tight on your ch 2 port. And the pump. Nice postion. Well throughout job generally!

Last edited by a moderator:
Boiler looks like it was once 4 pipe pumped heating and grav hw. Now they've altered to 2 pipe fully pumped ( I think) but does look a bit of a shambles. Would need to trace pipes to determine what's what.

All that tight 90 degree bends are crazy.

you are correct sir, collect 200 and pass go.

I was a grav hw and pumped central heating. they moved the pump from above the boiler to the hw tank cupboard. the 15's above the boiler are actually part of the central heating circuit.

the prv do you mean the crazy valve above the cylinder stat and valve? and how should it look?

p.s. after talking on the phone I don't think he will be very receptive to doing loads of remedial work. what ive found since moving to lincs is theres the correct way and the lincs way. hence when I had solar panels fitted I had a company from Leeds do it. its also why I have a Polish mechanic service my car.

just a thought the dead legs above the boiler, do they goto the same channels inside the heat exchanger as the others? please tell me there not separate chambers and im sitting on a pressure cooker.

could have cut the old pipework back a bit closer to the boiler but when this boiler was fitted it was allowed to cap of two of the connections depending on weather it was gravity or fully pumped the other caps are sealing the heating circuits
boiler was ncs from the day it was fitted due to floor clearances and the wood frame above is also ncs for clearance
two side to every story ive no doubt they suggested a new boiler but if the customer was saying we will upgrade the boiler soon it may have been looked on as a temporary fix
case slides straight fowards on that boiler so in all probability it does come off
ive not got unvented so cant comment on cylinder

whats d1 is there a site I can look at? if the prv is the one near the top of the tank, it was supplied already in place, but when the tank was filled it started dripping. so they turned the valve body to tighten it up.

You need a g3 and gsr.

We cannot advise you any further for your own safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Im 99% sure its not the pump sound. just...
Replies
Views
Its easy to check for a leak, just tie up the...
Replies
Views
Hello All. The pump was disconnected and...
Replies
Views
Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
Yeah I think there was loose wiring in the...
Replies
Views
Back