Anyone replaced parts in this toilet before? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Anyone replaced parts in this toilet before? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dparker357

Hi guys I would appreciate if anyone has come across this toilet before to explain how an earth you get to the syphon etc as the only screws/bolts I can see are for attaching the pan to the floor. Any ideas...?

i can't upload any pictures or any links to show you the pictures...it's a sealed back
to the wall toilet with no access/screws visable anywhere.

The shelf behind pan should be removable. Panel behind pan has U shaped cut out to slot behind pan and can be removed by lifting straight up once top shelf removed.

Sounds like you have a problem, times I've come across this, nice new bath room with no access to anything, tiled top to bottom, bath taps fitted to side of bath (Against wall) bath all tiled in, All nice and piety until you get a problem, Then its Destroy the bathroom time, Honestly how the hell do people expect us to repair / replace anything

One thing you forgot there jts, in my case it`s the darn Saniflo behind the tiled wall !

I wish I could upload the photos it would make it a whole lot easier. Is there anyway past the blocking of this?

its a back to the wall toilet with the cistern exposed sitting on top of the pan but there is no close coupling kit it's all concealed it's all one complete unit.

It doesn't let me upload any photos normally or via photobucket!?

It doesn't let me upload any photos normally or via photobucket!?

via photo bucket it will copy and paste the direct link into the reply

have you removed the pan to see if there are bolts at that are acceptable from behind?

probably 2 screws on side of pan near floor. they need undoing to allow you to lift and remove the bleedin lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if no valve available/visible it will probably be on a flexi behind the pan unit, you will need a towel to catch the muck as the multi quick breaks free.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back to wall wcs Are no job for a diyer get a plumber in to replace parts. Your gonna pull flexible pan connector off and no doubt push it back on the next thing is @@it coming from ceiling!! Call a professional in. Good luck

I had one a while ago that was a kind of upside down cistern. Push button screwed off the top and the 'cistern' pulled off vertically, to reveal a normal plastic cistern beneath. The actual cistern you could see was just for show. That appeared to have no fixings either, but the plastic one inside was just a concealed cistern fitted in the usual way.

How many posts do I have to make before I can upload a photo or add a link to a photo?

It's a galassia toilet as I can't upload photos of you were to type that in Google/images you can see what I mean there is no access to the cistern.

Look to me that the flush button unscrews then the top of the cistern lifts off exposing the internals.

use a scewdriver to remove the buttons on top and then there will either be a scew to unscrew or the hole ring turns to release the lid

use a scewdriver to remove the buttons on top and then there will either be a scew to unscrew or the hole ring turns to release the lid

Picture I looked at showed the whole thing unscrews, if not then as Steve said screws are under the buttons.

Yes that's the one in the photo. The button unscrews correct but nothing else has a opening its completely sealed like you can see in the photo. The only screws are into the pan so by the sounds of it you have to move the whole
Toilet forward in order to gain access to the bolts at the back of the toilet?

Thought you wanted access to the syphon?
Unscrew flush button and lift off the cistern lid.

Yes I need to replace it which will mean taking the syphon out of the cistern. The top lid does not come off at all even if you remove the button.

Yes I need to replace it which will mean taking the syphon out of the cistern. The top lid does not come off at all even if you remove the button.

When I googled it there were pictures showing the syphon exposed with the lid removed, once you get that far the valve twists to remove so no need (yet) to get to any screws or bolts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

That's brilliant mate, thank you. I didn't see...
Replies
Views
Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
Hve you tried pulling the large chrome part...
Replies
Views
It is an 'all in one' toilet with a macerator...
Replies
Views
Yes, use plastic shims to get the pan stable -...
Replies
Views
Back