Bath waste to soil stack advice | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Bath waste to soil stack advice in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

monika

HI everyone, just wonder if anybody can give me a bit of advice on this. I had a bath fitted to old waste pipe which goes under the extension roof straight to the gutter, it was ok for a small shower fixture for a disabled person but fitting a bath causes the waste watter overspill and flood the wall and the patio underneath. The placement of the wast pipe is a bit unfortunate and I wonder how this can possibly be connecter to the soil stack? Would greatly appreciate any good advice, thank you.` IMG_0158.jpg

He now refuses to come and claims it was not his business to fit the drainage. :(

Looks like this goes into your RWP which is AGAINST water regulations. If you dont have a combined waste water system your water supplier could give you a nasty penalty.
Looks like hes just lashed it in.

Looks like this goes into your RWP which is AGAINST (water) BUILDING regulations. If you dont have a combined waste water system your water supplier could give you a nasty penalty.
Looks like hes just lashed it in.
Building Reg's Part H, Kooga, not Water, Sorry to correct.

that's just great, the whole experience is turning into a nightmare for me, it was just a case of fitting a bath :( thanks guys

Hey, call him back and tell him if he wasn't going to fit the waste to the building regs it wasn't his business fitting the bath in the first place .....

as said it contravenes buildings regs foul water draining to a soak away,however easy solution is a strap boss on the soil and the waste direct in pretty simple job TBH

easy job to sort out, even a DIYer could do it. Simply get a strap on boxx, a hole saw and a few fittings plus pipe and redirect the bath waste into the stack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
Thanks, I think its a case of stick with the...
Replies
Views
Thanks alot
Replies
Views
I need an adaptor to connect the waste pipe to...
Replies
Views
It doesn’t look like the internal pipe has...
Replies
Views
Back