Bathroom waste, soil and AAV | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Bathroom waste, soil and AAV in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Trev78

Hi,

I'm just about to start refurbishing our bathroom, which the previous owner moved to a former bedroom.

The waste is in a box section downstairs so it doesn't run through the joists.

The soil then runs down through a larder and then out - will find out to where when I refit the kitchen later!

There is an AAV in the loft.

I have a few questions if anyone can help....

Is the AAV legal or should it have an external vent?

Should there be check valves on the shower and other feeds?

Anything else you can suggest?!

I've got some pictures - I can't upload them for some reason.

Many thanks all!

Trev

The AAv is not illegal, just possibly not to regulations. If you or your neighbours on the same drain run have a vent to atmosphere. I personally prefer to vent to atmosphere all the time if possible, less maintenance. Check valves are good on the shower if they arnt in the shower already, and if you can get to change them at a later date.

Thanks for the info. Shower head will be restrained so it cannot lay in the tray...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
Should have added in, naturally there will be...
Replies
Views
Yes, you are correct, it is wrong, I’ve had it...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
https://www.pipekit.co.uk/marley-hdpe-concentri...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi Steve, Thanks for posting. Could you post...
Replies
Views
Back