Bio mass boiler training | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Bio mass boiler training in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

on31ll

A) do you need to be gas safe to do the biomass courses. ? But there is gas safe people in said company ?

B) anybody know any good biomass courses realistically in north west.

Been asked by 2 people about installing them. And theres 3 now at sites i work on

I'd be interested to hear about this as I'm getting more rural with some work and get more and more queries about this

it depends on what size boilers you are looking at doing. You don't have to be gas safe to do biomass but under 50kw you need to be hetas if you want to apply for rhi or any government incentives. Also would need to be mcs which is an expensive pain in the asre. There are quite a few training centres that will give you a basic insight into biomass such as sizing boilers, furl sites etc. But you would need to go on the manufacturer courses for more in depth. Tbh biomass now is all but dead and isn't gonna get any better. Commercial rhi for sub 200kw is not financially viable at the minute and the domestic rhi is going to stop do the bulk of the work in biomass over the next few years is going to be system faults and dodgy installs going wrong..
There isn't a big demand for biomass now the rhi is gone and domestic boilers are so much more expensive than an oil boiler.
Hope this helps.

Lot of lads i know that were doing it have given the elbow , was a lot of firms round here jumping on it recruiting guys now they all sat around scratching for work .
Wondered if the someone has reduced funding???

The amount in the rhi has dropped significantly over the last year almost to the point of it not being worth doing it. There were alot of companies jumped on the band wagon without designing systems correctly and ultimately this is where most work will come from over the next few years putting systems right. The government has to decide in March 2016 whether to carry on with rhi or bin it. General opinion is the latter.

The ETA boilers are pretty easy to work on and you can go on the course with Innasol at Reigate Barn and have a good play with them. Had Frolings first ever blocked turbulators yesterday!!!!!!!!!. Couldn't get the hanging rail to come off so rang zero carbon future who said they couldn't help, rang Telling who said they couldn't help so i took a grinder to it. Problem solved. 2 1/2 days to service a 250kw boiler..... Ridiculous

looks to me if we will be ripping them all out in due course in favour of oil systems, good old government..... :)

wood boiler supplies run a pretty good course on their biotech range in scotland

i will be flying up in January to attend one.

Gonna have to gather what courses i want to do the. Do them together save time off work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

O
  • Article
Any experience with Optima Electrical Training...
Replies
Views
OLG0824
O
Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Absolute cock & bull from SGN, think about...
Replies
Views
Back