Bio Mass Boilers. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Bio Mass Boilers. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonG

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Just been asked by a bio mass company to pipe up 4 properties heating and hot water. They will extend the pipes from the boiler into one of the properties and fit heat exchanger. Then from there I branch into each property for new heating and hot water.

Now when I was talking to the bloke I was asking a bit about the boiler, looks like a 20 foot steel container painted green, and its running 4 properties already. These new ones have to be up and running before 1st July when there is some change to the rhi. Well we started talking about MCS etc and it turns out that they are not MCS registered.

So how does that work? Thought you had to be MCS to get the rhi?

Not for over 45kw you deal direct with building control.

Edit: OVER not Under !

Last edited:
if the output is over 45 kw then you dont need to be mcs or go through building control to get rhi accreditation. are they new builds or older properties?

Old cottages. Solid fuel hot water and storage heaters.

Last edited:
Just been asked by a bio mass company to pipe up 4 properties heating and hot water. They will extend the pipes from the boiler into one of the properties and fit heat exchanger. Then from there I branch into each property for new heating and hot water.

Now when I was talking to the bloke I was asking a bit about the boiler, looks like a 20 foot steel container painted green, and its running 4 properties already. These new ones have to be up and running before 1st July when there is some change to the rhi. Well we started talking about MCS etc and it turns out that they are not MCS registered.

So how does that work? Thought you had to be MCS to get the rhi?

Medium temp? What are you doing your primaries in Si?

**edit** The company supplying the packaged boiler house is doing that aren't they....

Last edited by a moderator:
They've asked everything to be in copper, suits me fine, only problem is that they are occupied and the pipe runs will be a mare. Only 5 rads in each though.

They are installing the mains into one of the airing cupboards with a heat meter and heat exchanger. Then I work from that to the four properties. Unvented in each property and s plan.

should be a good job, we are in the middles of a biomass install now, 130 kw boiler, feeding 2 houses, 5 holiday lets, a warehouse and an office. all seperate heat meters and the holiday cottages are usinf heat interface units.

Missed out on it, about 500 out on 14k. Shame as I would have liked to see the bio mass side.

doing the internal in the properties is the part of the job i hate, i'd rather stay in my nice clean new plantroom. had an old school plumber round the job im on with now, he couldnt get his head round why we needed the buffer, and the fill & spill pressurisatin unit on the existing side, cant teach an old dog new tricks, he just said it was a big waste of time and money!!

Last edited:
Simon and miss plumb,
should get some pics when done and share as sound like interesting jobs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I recently fitted a new central heating...
Replies
Views
A decent water pressure and flow will be...
Replies
Views
Yep that uses the ideal valves common issue...
Replies
Views
A
Are you sure it’s still vented? Should have...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi John, This was actually a house I'm...
Replies
Views
Back