Black soil stack help | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Black soil stack help in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumbdoctor

Hi my knowledge of waste is very basic I'm going to a job I went to a while back that has a waste pipe that's black it's not plastic, clay or cement type it runs from the roof all the way down internal connecting to all waste appliances just wondered if anyone knows what it's made of ?

It's not cast iron, could be asbestos don't know what bituthene is lol not much help I know

House was built in the 70,s I'm just worried it may be some form of asbestos

I will get a pic for you on weds when I go chaos it's not lead or ally it's a strange material

Cheers Ray I'm hoping it's not the later as it's been drill(not by me I must add)

Think the pics attached guys leaking boss from prev plumber

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 42
It's not cast iron it's been cut with a hole saw by someone the soil stack is copper and this is just the bit that comes through the loft and vented through the roof

Copper soil stack ya say. i'll take that away for free and give you a plastic one as a gift. i think that bits asbestos.

It does look like its rusting?? Cast iron?? and you can drill cast iron with a hole saw!! I had to as an apprentice! slow and steady with a new good quality hole saw!!

Did they used to us pitch fiber for soil and vents??

It's ex council I didn't cut it just a bit worried it was asbestos someone tried to attach a strap boss to it why it's leaking

it does look like cast and you can hole saw cast you can also get strap on bosses for cast pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

If the coupling fits, then no need for what I...
Replies
Views
10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
Thanks, I think its a case of stick with the...
Replies
Views
That's my next job - lift the nearby lid up...
Replies
Views
I got a Floplast boss strap from Screwfix...
Replies
Views
Back