Boiler companies- Government funded Schemes? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler companies- Government funded Schemes? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CaitlinW1998

Hi,

I am new here. Recently in the area there has been a number of Government funded boiler companies opening up.
They ring people that are on benefits, and if they are on certain benefits and meet the criteria, they can have a free boiler installed which is then installed by the company and the government pays the company. I am guessing something to do with the government meeting energy targets?

but my question is, how do these companies work? How do you start one up? It seems a lot of out goings, paying for sales staff, business admins, then someone to do a survey, someone doing epc checks, installers and potentially canvasses (who get based on LTS)

can these businesses even make anything? I tried the old google, but didn't find much..

as far as I'm aware they are no longer completely free, funding keeps getting cut etc, eco deal and green deal has came to an end. Used to work on those contracts for some of the pop up companies, some of them were owed loads of money and some were never paid that money.

We do them. Scheme finishes end of June. We get fined if we don't so a quota of boilers. It's all terrible.
Ploughed loads of money into it. Has its ups and downs.

eon do one, they tell the customer to get 3 quotes then pay the lowest installer to fit them.
thats the quote i did the other week anyhow!

Its still about but very much winding down now .
Company that i know of are still doing them but travel all over , the bubble has burst by sounds of it.

Hi,

I am new here. Recently in the area there has been a number of Government funded boiler companies opening up.
They ring people that are on benefits, and if they are on certain benefits and meet the criteria, they can have a free boiler installed which is then installed by the company and the government pays the company. I am guessing something to do with the government meeting energy targets?

but my question is, how do these companies work? How do you start one up? It seems a lot of out goings, paying for sales staff, business admins, then someone to do a survey, someone doing epc checks, installers and potentially canvasses (who get based on LTS)

can these businesses even make anything? I tried the old google, but didn't find much..

I got it done a couple of months ago through npower. Everything was simple and free. Now I have a brand new Worcester Bosch boiler. Installation company were pros too. I would definitely recommend npower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I said in another post, heat pumps have been...
Replies
Views
I know who you are, I was just interested in...
Replies
Views
There must be 'Terms & Conditions' available...
Replies
Views
If she gets a free install make sure you...
Replies
Views
T
It's miscommunication. But as soon as it slips...
Replies
Views
MC_Bob
M
Back