Boiler condence pipe | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler condence pipe in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sav

Hi guys

Got a customer who doesn't want the condence pipe going down outside there house to the drain as they don't like the white pipe!

Can you get different colour overflow pipe? I can't run it internal as there's no drain where the boiler is so I have to run it outside but they down want white pipe. Can I get different colour like brown to try and match the bricks?

Thanks

can of paint, or black overflow pipe or use brown/black rainwater pipe and join into that or best walk away from idiot custards as I can predict you are going to regret working for these ones in the end. Or use a condensate pump to move it to an internal waste, but they wont like the noise of course!

1. Overflow (21.5mm) shouldn't be external or over 3m in length.

2. Plastics standard colours are white, grey and black. Brown used to be hunter plastics but you can order it from tinternet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any external 32mm and paint it any colour the custard wants

Tell them its against regs to paint the pipe due to the paint reacting to the condensing turbo flow which will disintegrate the hydro block water ways thus voiding any warranty

Problem solved

Will the above paint paint plastic pipe? I need to know as he wants an answer in the mornning

Well after all he's now going to keep it like it after I pointed out that the down pipes and guttering are white as well!

This job would be a lot better if Customers paid attention lol

Needs to get a life, sould be more worried about what job he is getting rather than the colour of a pipe, jesus.

Sounds like he's gunna find a few more "faults" before you finish this job

Next he'll be saying he doesn't like the colour of copper and he'll be painting the boiler to match the wallpaper!

Next he'll be saying he doesn't like the colour of copper and he'll be painting the boiler to match the wallpaper!

Haha, I've seen a boiler that was wallpapered as they didn't like the way the boiler stood out on the wall. Pretty decent job too, all the seems were in-noticeable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

That's my next job - lift the nearby lid up...
Replies
Views
10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
Hi @Jim Goodenough I do have some yes , I did...
Replies
Views
In a one-pipe heating system with a condensing...
Replies
Views
Back