Boiler diagnostic help, please. This one's baffling me! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler diagnostic help, please. This one's baffling me! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Masood

Custard has a Glow Worm 24ci, which is doing something odd.

Hot water fluctuates hot/cold which sounds like classic blocked PHEX. BUT - this is the baffling bit - when she has heating on, hot water runs fine, at a constant temp. Which, given that the diverter should cut off the CH side, is very odd!

I descaled the PHEX a couple of months ago and it wasn't that bad at all.

Any guidance, ideas or input gratefully received!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi masood did u check the resistance on the dhw thermisor , and is there a flow switch outwith the diverter ( maybe not). I do know that the glowworms have a badly designed condendate trap on some of there models ( the top of the trap has a blue plastic insert with spade connectors linked to pcb and because its a bad design flaw and has been changed the boiler often thinks the trap is not draining. But this would hapen on heating circuit aswell. Check thermistor.Also does heating work perfect no fluctuations with that?

Could be that your diverter is .sticking

Is that model a condenser?

I had the same prob recently and it was the phex partially blocked on the heating side.

Hi masood did u check the resistance on the dhw thermisor , and is there a flow switch outwith the diverter ( maybe not). I do know that the glowworms have a badly designed condendate trap on some of there models ( the top of the trap has a blue plastic insert with spade connectors linked to pcb and because its a bad design flaw and has been changed the boiler often thinks the trap is not draining. But this would hapen on heating circuit aswell. Check thermistor.Also does heating work perfect no fluctuations with that?

Will check thermistor, not sure about fluctuations on CH side, as not been yet.

Is that model a condenser?

No Kris, non-condensing

does it leak down the heating when the hot water is on?

Haven't been yet, just what the custard said.

If hw ok that proves primary hex and dhw hex ok to my way of thinking. Which leaves diverter not opening properly on ch.
Not familiar with that particular boiler tbh, just my logic.

Check burner pressure. If it modulates look at thermistors if it cuts out completely then fires up again look at blockages pump running slow. If you have heat leaking into the heating circuit then look at diverter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I
I'm not an expert, but if your system is...
Replies
Views
Did you check that the valve opens when the...
Replies
Views
Good job buddy. Rather than a beer, if you’re...
Replies
Views
Assuming ita a combi boiler then you can set...
Replies
Views
Hi We suggest you get a qualified plumber in...
Replies
Views
Back