Boiler grant works | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler grant works in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

P J F PLUMBING

Hi guys so I decided to go for 2 days a week changing boilers for a company. So started today went to the job heat only for a heat only in the garage easy job. Finished went back to there office and gave paperwork in he said where's the pictures ?? I said what pictures ?? You need all these pics 22 in total of job pipes benchmark ect I said no one told me that ?!! He said well you need to sort it out I said they sent off the warrantee sheet ec already he was not happy and I said I didn't get told !! He said well you don't get paid without these pics !!! So I said I'll go back and sort it I asked if I needs to fit a scale filter he said no but the paperwork said yes and I needed a picture of it fitted And I took a water sample he looked and said it was a bit mucky I already said what happens if it's still mucky after the " flush filling loop on and drain off at same time " he said don't worry 30% fail the water test and it's ok. My worry is will they try to find a picky to get out of paying ?? Water quality scale filter pics ??? Thinking of not bothering going back sounds well dodgy to me

what you think

Last edited by a moderator:
Ment to be doing one in the morning but really worried about this

have you got anything else to do ?if not the most you can loose is your time firms seem to think your mind readers when i started i worked a week and got a phone call asking why i hadnt done my time sheets, all work is logged on a phone/pda and i assumed this was where they would record hours. When i said no one told me to they were rude and said every one does timesheets so i asked where i could get the time sheets
she said they were in the office and i should have seen them
now the office where i was inducted and given kit is a good 20 miles away so i said do i have to come in to the office every day to which she then informed me there was a local office that no one had told me about
Theres no system in place for technical notices to be distributed if your in the office on the day you might find a copy laying around but no check to confirm receipt

I've gone slow so put some feelers around this came along just feels iffy the work is 90 mile round trip and a toll bridge so I'm going to knock it on the head as I'm worried that I'm going to get stiffed just loads of little things they could get out of the payment

Made up my mind going with gut feeling cheers guys

Last edited by a moderator:
Trust your gut bail and cut your losses......most of us have had similar at some time if you are that slow jump on an agency for a few days till things pick up....good luck regards Turnpin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Fits back on flue on top of boiler
Replies
Views
System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
M
Isolate and drain boiler. Pump up expansion...
Replies
Views
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
Back