Boiler in the loft | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler in the loft in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Does anyone have their own boiler in the loft?
I am thinking of putting mine up there when I replace it.

I have fitted boilers for others in the loft but am interested to know if anyone has it at home and what it's like to live with.
Is it on/off all night in winter?

Mine will be a combi.
Trying to create more space in the bathroom.

Mine is in the loft. No problem with cycling on/off and out of site and the way.

Had a duo in loft it was fine. Needs a high level vent to make sure primary is free of air.

Had a duo in loft it was fine. Needs a high level vent to make sure primary is free of air.

Had a leak and got miffed at going up to top it up. Fitted a remote filling loop rather than fix leak as it was all being re piped .

I've got a se Baxi solo in my loft, no real problems. Just a bit of a ball ache when it packs up, but to be fair that's only twice in fourteen years.

They are ok, i just think it's a PITA unless there is :
1. Good access, no i don't mean a wobbly old ladder that makes you feel like ****ting yourself as you are climbing up it with a heavy tool bag.
2. Properly floored, i'm 15st with a heavy toolbag, not an 8st ballerina hoping from joist to joist isn't my fav thing :lol:

I understand that its all ok to fit a boiler in the roof space
BUT any contractor hired to service it
should have a dedicated safe pathway to get to the thing

that means proper boards and lighting for a 1x year event

its all elf and safety CHking

Mines in the loft. Been up there 3 years and not even looked at it once. Got a filling loop and pressure gauge in an upstairs cupboard though.

Really should think about servicing it one day :)

Mines in the loft. Been up there 3 years and not even looked at it once. Got a filling loop and pressure gauge in an upstairs cupboard though.

Really should think about servicing it one day :)

Don't be stupid we don't service out own boilers, it's like washing van

Mines in the loft. Main 24he. I pop up and check it twice a year even if it is just to empty the bucket the condense pipe terminates over

I've got 8 1000x6 sp, 1 1400x6 dp, 1 towel warmer and a smiths blower unit running from it house is lovely and warm. Hot water just the 1 bathroom and kitchen sink.

The main was installed 3 years before I got the house and it had been empty for 18 months after the old girl passed away and seeing as it was my first house and needed a complete referb I saved money kept the boiler moved it into the loft and said when it dies I'll stick a duo straight on the jig

All well and good in the loft till it leaks by then it's normally to late,dry loft all day long baby

At least you will find it quickly enough :)

Sometimes it's the best position. Tho I try to avoid it if the customer is unlikely to be safe climbing up there. Most manufacturers would recommend a filling point and gauge in the living space as well as the fix ladder, walk way and lighting.

best thing is a length of 15 mm pipe glued to the reset button by the loft hatch :)

Last edited:
Thank for the reply's
Pros and cons as with most things. My main concern is that it would noisey when switching on in the dead of night for frost protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

GREENSTAR CDi CLASSIC Worcester Bosch...
Replies
Views
I need someone to replace my boiler, I am...
Replies
Views
Under the Energy Price Cap rates from 1...
Replies
Views
System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
Very informative...........thx🙄
Replies
Views
Back