Boiler keeps airing up | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler keeps airing up in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

TFGplumbing

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
So I fitted a Heatslave earlier on in the yeh, no expense spared, power flushed existing system, all new TRV's, dodgey looking rads replaced, system filter a nice job

But the boiler keeps picking up air and you can hear it whooshing around the heat bank on HW mode, bleed the boiler, pump etc alls good for about a week then its making noises again. It only does it when the diverter switches over to HW its quite as a mouse when the CH is on.

WB dont know what the heck's wrong with it, they have changed some non return valves on the boiler but that's about it.

The best thing the can come up with is that there's a pin hole on the return sucking in air... the rad furthest away collects a lot of air heats up fine however.

What do you reckon the chances are that the system is producing hydrogen sulphide and its not air at all?

sealed system or open vent?

It was OV But its sealed now

did you pressure test before the switch?

if not pressure test it upto 8 bar if it drops theres your problem

did you pressure test before the switch?

if not pressure test it upto 8 bar if it drops theres your problem

No Shaun I did not, but I will mention that its not losing any pressure.

Do you think there could be a pin hole sucking air in?

No Shaun I did not, but I will mention that its not losing any pressure.

Do you think there could be a pin hole sucking air in?

i would pressure test the system, least you know the systems sound

and if its sucking air in (would be leaking when pump not on / cold)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I don’t know your boiler but would expect it...
Replies
Views
A
Are you sure it’s still vented? Should have...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I
Yes press the button until there are 2 lights...
2 3
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
The water leak needs to be sorted out first it...
Replies
Views
Suggest changing the Kw from Auto to 6kw, also...
Replies
Views
Back