Boiler losing pressure | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler losing pressure in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gifford

Hi, my grant vortex combi 36 has recently started losing pressure and needs topped up regularly.
After reading some forums I decided to check the PRV. so turned this and the pressure dropped to zero. I did notice that a small amount of water was coming from one of the AAV's.
The pressure still drops but not as fast, but still drops to under 0.5. I have now noticed that there is water coming out of the overflow pipe outside . . . Any suggestions? A colleague has mentioned possible fault expansion on PRV
THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

You've probably got grit stuck in the seat of the PRV when you opened it, the expansion vessel is easy to spot, if your system pressure rockets up to 3bar during the heating cycle and there is more water coming out the prv pipe outside then it's the expansion vessel.
:)

Can sometimes be a blockage in the pipe between the expansion vessel and the boiler. Best to call an expert.

The AAVs always leak on Grants.
The PRV will be shot, either rusted up, grooved seat or rubber will be stiff.
The expansion vessel might not big enough for the house, the 36kw only has a 12l tin, thats good for 120l of water.
Get an OFTEC man out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
Ok great...really hoping it wasn't a leak.
Replies
Views
P
Doesn't matter, mod will remove or close it.
Replies
Views
Again, ongoing thanks. I'll have to get to my...
Replies
Views
M
Isolate and drain boiler. Pump up expansion...
Replies
Views
Back