Boiler Mate 2000 - No hot water | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler Mate 2000 - No hot water in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stu Davis

Hi,
just after some guidance or indeed destroy my theory and reduce me to tears.

Been to a boiler mate 2000, Heating works fine but there is no hot water.

If you open the tap the 3 horizontal led bar flickers on and off and pump pulsates with slight voltage.

Pcb isnt showing any faults.

I have checked the sensor resistance from cold and they are both the same

If i disconnect the top plug that has the two hot water sensors the hot water pump runs and you get hot water although the hot water horizontal led bar doesn't illuminate.

I am thinking its a faulty hot water sensor and i am planning on changing the two, i suspect one any heat goes over it it breaks down and pcb doesn't sense demand.

Any advice would be appreciated

Phone GLEDHILL technical department they are really good. It will be sensors or pump probably. Outside chance of PCB

And if they insist on you calling back on a premium rate number just insist on speaking to a manager until they put you through to technical

And if they insist on you calling back on a premium rate number just insist on speaking to a manager until they put you through to technical

Agree, technical guys very good but the premium rate at about 80pence a minute is scandalous

what boiler is used with it?? the Gledhill needs to get upto temperature (65degrees I think) before it'll pump water around the external plate.

if its not upto temperature then try the boiler sensors...if it is up to temperature see if you get 240v to the pump attached to the plate...if not it could be pcb.

I did a silly test once when I hooked up the hw pump to a plug and lead and plugged it in to see if it made a difference...and it did...pcb wernt sending right voltage to pump.

you can check store temp by pressing the buttons on the pcb....its in the manual

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Just looking for some advice if...
Replies
Views
D
Thanks, have also contacted Viessmann. It's at...
Replies
Views
Dumbaskus
D
PH is 7.5. Chloride is 194. The last water...
Replies
Views
Noisy tank sounds like float valve
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
L
Replies
Views
Back