Boiler not firing after central heating drain | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler not firing after central heating drain in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jontaylor

I recently drained down my pressurised system in order to move a radiator. I've now refilled the system and did a quick check and the boiler fired for central heating / hot water and it fired OK. I then switched off the hot water/central heating at the controller and left it. Later on when the boiler should have been firing up and reheating the hot water again, I noticed that it hadn't fired up. Neither hot water nor central heating being activated on the controller are making the boiler fire (although the central heating pump is running).

Other info: the boiler lockout light is not on, it is simply not firing; the thermostat on the boiler is turned on; the overheat stat on the cylinder does not need resetting, it is OK; I manually opened the 2 port valves whilst refilling - they have now been reset to automatic; I've tried bleeding air from all radiators and the hot water pump (the radiators were occasionally knocking during last night, even though the central heating/hot water was all switched off, so I guess there must still be a bit of air trapped in the system; the boiler is a Trianco Iona 100/125.

Any advice on what might be causing the boiler not to fire would be most appreciated.

Thanks Simon, spot on. I didn't realise there was another reset for the boiler high limit - it's firing again now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Np Simon. Hoping to get the boiler engineer...
Replies
Views
Ok great...really hoping it wasn't a leak.
Replies
Views
I don't believe moving the manual lever over...
Replies
Views
Drain from the lowest point if you’re draining...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi. Currently experiencing an issue with our...
Replies
Views
Back