boiler on 15mm pipe | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss boiler on 15mm pipe in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

was called to a landlords property last year to get a non working fire going - got there large terrace house -glowworm compact combi at back of house a gas hob and fire feed from meter but 2m to boiler upped to 22mm .put fire on and hob then run hot tap and the fire nearly went out - turned off and advised landlord - was called there to day to fix a sink leak while there I had a nosey - found new 28kw vaillant fitted and gas pipe still the same but fire capped .there must be 8m of 15mm then it tees to hob then runs another 2m before its upped to22mm to last 3m to boiler I doubt the gas inlet pressure would be at boiler - looked at paperwork by boiler and was fitted 8 months ago by pheonix gas on a free grant .how do they get away wit it.

I went to service a wb Cdi 30kw last yr been done on a grant 14mb on boiler ffs been in 2yrs last guy to service it gave it ncs(from same installation company) inlet 22mm about 15mtrs from meter (plus range cooker and 2 fires):bomb2:.

same situation, plus flue leaking, id boiler, gas safe attended, landlord paid me to put right as he didnt want installer back, case closed original installer let off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Report them to GSR.
And what will they do ? This is going on all the time with these free boiler installs, massive cost cutting exercise What will GS do about it, simple, ! Nothing as its to do with the government. Look at all the C--P eaga did, nothing done about that and this scheme will be just the same.

same situation, plus flue leaking, id boiler, gas safe attended, landlord paid me to put right as he didnt want installer back, case closed original installer let off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's mad the bloke who installed it should be struck off at least! Just goes to show unless someone dies they couldn't care less.

had a similar situation I was going to post about,
this landlord kept sending a gas safe engineer to a property where the tenants were getting more and more suspicious of the engineer, landlord refused to send anyone else because he was cheap. finally tenants called gas safe and asked for an inspection, gsr sent someone and because the engineer wasnt there refused to do an inspection and just left. 3 days later the hob actually caught fire under the kitchen units because the gas leak was so bad.
fortunately it quickly burnt itself out and didnt do too much damage.
tenants found me out of the gas safe register and called me round. what i found was a newly refurbished flat and everything gas and plumbing related an absolute abortion

what i dont understand is how a gas safe inspector can attend a property, not look and leave when its in such a dangerous state

RIDDOR the inspector for being the last engineer on site and leaving a dangerous situation!

RIDDOR the inspector for being the last engineer on site and leaving a dangerous situation!
As long as you can provide his name , address , contact details , Blood group , Shoe size and what colour underwear he had on then you will stand a chance, don't want to make it to difficult for them

That's mad the bloke who installed it should be struck off at least! Just goes to show unless someone dies they couldn't care less.
I always thought this but say someone who normally does his work to the best of his ability but happens to make a mistake

The GSR inspector did not carry out any gas work, so cannot be held responsible for not identifying the leak. Having said this, it does not sound very good that nothing was done for this inspection visit, whether the engineer was present or not. If gas leak was part of the issue, then the emergency service provider should have been called out as a minimum.

If gas leak was part of the issue, then the emergency service provider should have been called out as a minimum.
they were directly after the fire and capped meter

Previous to this idiot engineer had been called because of a smell of gas, he'd said it was on pipework under boiler and tightened a nut, did a landlord safety inspection and left.
Kitchen still stank of gas so inspector was asked to visit, he did nothing.
Then there was the fire and transco engineer and capped the meter.
i went and found the leak under the kitchen was so bad it whistled as the gas was escapeing, also the flue on the boiler had detached itself.

all this less than 3 days after inspector had been and just over a week since landlord safety cert had been issued

makes you realise you can only look out for what you do, if you do everything do the highest standard you can then the rest can go :nono: themselves, if they want to kill their customers they can, aint my problem, if they want to under cut me then thats the customers problem when it all comes apart. if gas safe want to do half a job and be inconsistant, then i dont care because theyll never get me anyway because i do my job to a high standard

Last edited by a moderator:
Well BG did a landlord and certified on 12/2/14 then capped off 6/3/14 due to horrific leak.

agymeqe7.jpg

If the working pressure is over 1mb from the appliance to the meter, do we only issue a Ncs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks for that, appreciate it. I think I'm...
Replies
Views
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
A bit late but what were the test results, did...
Replies
Views
The OP has a regular heat only boiler/system...
Replies
Views
Absolute cock & bull from SGN, think about...
Replies
Views
Back