Boiler Pressure Potterton HE Plus combi boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler Pressure Potterton HE Plus combi boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

john2k

I have a Potterton HE Plus combi boiler, the pressure has been on the lower end of the green zone. So today I decided to top it up and took it to just above the middle of the green zone. I left it just after the middle because when the boiler is on the pressure increases. Is this normal?

Below is a pic of my top-up valves. There are two black dials that need to be turned on each end of the flexi hose. When I opened the bottom black valve, just by the black dial water seems to drip as if there is a leak. I proceeded with filling the system to desired pressure then i closed the valves again and dried the bottom black dial with tissue and it wasnt dripping anymore. It was completely dry. So i tried to just open that single dial again to see and it seems when i put it on open mode it drips. It's not a problem as the valve is always closed anyway and only opened for topping up. My question is, is this normal? Is there a way to maybe tighten the black dial to prevent the drip or is it worth just replacing that entire valve?

20160122005443.jpg

it shouldnt drip but as you say its only whilst filling try tightening the hose connections if your bothered about it

it shouldnt drip but as you say its only whilst filling try tightening the hose connections if your bothered about it

As it`s recently been repaired by Baxi why not call them back?

Yes it is normal that the pressure increases when the boiler is on. And decreases when cold. Sometimes valves leak when they are opened. But this should not happen. You should keep an eye on it in case it starts to leak when in closed position aswell. They are not expensive to buy and easy to change out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am trying to increase the pressure in...
Replies
Views
It seems to be a case of having to watch and...
Replies
Views
T
I know you must be frustrated, but as gmartine...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Thanks, so i need another one?...otherwise the...
Replies
Views
Back