Boiler repair costs | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler repair costs in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

Just a thought how much would others advise customers to spend max before advising new boiler. I will start with a few makes
£200 max on ferroli or biasi
Customer. Today Had vaillant turbo max plus and was not happy when I advised renewing rather than spending £450 on it

People get attached to there old boilers...

What was wrong with the turbomax out of interest, my bro has a really old one but it keeps on going! Just needed a diverter & plate heat :)

I will repair any boiler at what it costs if parts are available. I will offer my advice but they don't have to take it. At the end of the day its all work

Landlord spent nearly 700 on an old oil heatslave. It's still a rusty pile of poop though.

If a boiler or anything else for that matter has more problems than Syria then it's gotta to be changed. It comes down to common sense really.

I will repair any boiler at what it costs if parts are available. I will offer my advice but they don't have to take it. At the end of the day its all work

Exactly, you can only offer your advice. It is not your decision and not your money to spend. I will give an honest evaluation and two prices, one to repair and one to replace. I will happily do whatever the customer decides.

Exactly, you can only offer your advice. It is not your decision and not your money to spend. I will give an honest evaluation and two prices, one to repair and one to replace. I will happily do whatever the customer decides.

Exactly what I do, then put my advice in writing to cover my backside. Probably around 20% I see again within the year to replace the sani but it`s up to the customer to toss the coin not me.

People get attached to there old boilers...

What was wrong with the turbomax out of interest, my bro has a really old one but it keeps on going! Just needed a diverter & plate heat :)

Turbo max plus. Diverter and plate and sensor. Merchants quoted £250 for plate and diverter. I can get cheaper on line but don't like getting off line. Vaillant offer one off repair for £300 I always advise customer of cheapest option.

A Sani is a lot cheaper than a boiler.

There's the issue few hundred to fix or thousands + to swap

A Sani is a lot cheaper than a boiler.

There's the issue few hundred to fix or thousands + to swap

Agree, just saying you can`t force customers, just offer your advice based on experience when asked.

quoted £275 for aps and pcb on a ideal classic nf 80 today, and warned the fan may still be the issue. Customer went no thanks, bought an intergas rapid and asked me to install it as a heat only for now. Only problem is I dont have any spare time to do it!!!!

I could have wacked the parts in in an hour though!!!

Problem being is when you do a repair at £300 on a 12 year old boiler and the following week another issue arises . I went to a potter ton lynx other day was years old and was in a right state told them couldn't get parts and advised new boiler, never heard a jot back .

probably thought i was trying it on .

only mistake I made was not to charge on my initial visit, but they are a young poor family so I am feeling the xmas spirit at present:)

Tbh, if I feel a boiler needs to much spending on it, and I think there more stuff lurking. I walk away, I dont need crappy phone calls telling me how much they've just spent.

Tbh, if I feel a boiler needs to much spending on it, and I think there more stuff lurking. I walk away, I dont need crappy phone calls telling me how much they've just spent.

I agree basically tell them this is what it is your paying .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Nothing you can check yourself as it states in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I am only telling you what I have seen. I...
Replies
Views
Great summary and well done for getting it...
Replies
Views
I
Yes press the button until there are 2 lights...
2 3
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Is the prv dripping outside ?
2 3 4 5 6 7
Replies
Views
Back