boiler services and customers | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss boiler services and customers in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

don't you hate customers who book you for a boiler service and you find the boiler not working or with loads of faults they think you will sort on the service for free.

don't you hate customers who book you for a boiler service and you find the boiler not working or with loads of faults they think you will sort on the service for free.

I feel your pain mate :)

i get it all the time at BG. Fair enough the customers have their boilers covered for faults but they just seem to save them all up for the service.

People get really irate when I tell them that I'll have to rebook the whole job as I don't get paid for repairs and I don't have the time allocated in my day to spend the time looking for faults.

My favourite is "I'm glad you've come today because it isn't working" or "I'll tell you what it's been doing lately" it gets right on my wick.

If I get there and they tell me a problem and I think it may be something service related like a flat EV or the venturis might be blocked, then I will have a look, but if they say something like its locking out after half an hour, then it goes straight back to the office :)

i dont do any private work, so I really wouldn't like to get into the situations you find yourself in :-(

the worst people are the ones who don't tell you about the faults and then try and blame you.

BG do a cheaper cover whereby you pay less for it but if you need a repair it costs a £50 call out charge and these people are the worst. They will always say you broke it on the service to get out of the fifty quid.

Yesterday had one women who said that since I serviced the boiler that heating was coming on with the water (how that had happened in the 40 mins I was there and how she noticed when I had the heat and water on I don't know) and another bloke walked in to the kitchen with a broken TRV head in his hand saying that it came off while I was servicing the boiler because I had the heating on to high, and it just shot off while he was in the lounge and I was in the kitchen.

yep a call yesterday, customer wanted a price for a service, I asked if the boiler was working ok ?
Yes it is, but we dont have any hot water was the answer...........DER

Like you all say, all the time. "Oh ok then I'll change that £125 diverter valve all inclusive of my £65 service charge"
pfffffftttttttt!

morning boiler been working ok, can you put the heating on for me, ta, now wheres the nearest hot tap, oh so it isnt working and take it from there. Normally service it first, then clock on for the fault finding, only way :)

morning boiler been working ok, can you put the heating on for me, ta, now wheres the nearest hot tap, oh so it isnt working and take it from there. Normally service it first, then clock on for the fault finding, only way :)

The only problem I find with that, is they say you've serviced it and it's not working. I always do the breakdown first, then go back a week later to service it. Creating two separate jobs and hopefully more money.

The only problem I find with that, is they say you've serviced it and it's not working. I always do the breakdown first, then go back a week later to service it. Creating two separate jobs and hopefully more money.
have a reread of what I said!

if you repair it, they wont have you back for a service!

I find they do, I find they don't want to pay for the service unless it's fixed. We all have our own ways. There's no wrong or right, whatever works for you.

i hate it when i turn up to do a LGSC and either its on and red hot,they have no gas or simply you get no answer despite setting it up the night before,saying you need it cool to service it,you need gas and the exact eta

i hate it when i turn up to do a LGSC and either its on and red hot,they have no gas or simply you get no answer despite setting it up the night before,saying you need it cool to service it,you need gas and the exact eta

The no gas I get alot and some even expect you to have a magic card that puts credit on for them. Lol

I don't have a spare meter in van because that would be theft of gas and it would be naughty.

The no gas I get alot and some even expect you to have a magic card that puts credit on for them. Lol
I have one of those cards. They run out of gas then ring us reporting a gas escape thinking we will put credit on to do the test.
I just out my gist card in,get engineers credit,do my test then remove the card and the valve snaps shut. Nope you've got no leaks but you're going to need to top that meter up!

Ahhh ****e. U may as well take the 5 regulators. Ten green wire seals and the meter index seals too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Sounds like the o ring has likely perished. No...
Replies
Views
G
Didn’t grease the oring before refitting...
Replies
Views
Oh dear. Plumber it is!! I chose the wrong...
Replies
Views
Hi, approx. 2-3 hours.
Replies
Views
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
Back