Boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I posted on your forum a couple of days ago as a guest and have tried the phone no. which turns out to be an emergency no for gas leaks, as the thread is closed I can't get back on to find out what to do next.

The problem is that we had a new Bosch Combi boiler installed about 18 months ago, we had a problem with the heating a couple of months ago so called out a gas safe engineer who did a full gas test with all the appliances on and he advised that not enough gas was getting to the boiler to cope with everything on at the same time. We called the installers out who retested and said that the readings were fine. This was relayed to the engineer who advised us that he still stuck with his readings saying the installers readings weren't right. This has now caused a niggle and basically wanted to know if there was an independent service that could just confirm that everything is ok.

Many thanks

Hi I think somebody else also recommended on that thread that you contact Gas Safe they will be able to give you a free definitive impartial inspection

If you want another opinion. Just get another local gas safe device engineer to come. Tell him your concerns and that you have had two differing opinions. Then let him check the gas rate and pressure.
He should then ( so should the last one) , inform you of where the problem lies, either incorrect pipework sizing, or lack of supply pressure. Both can be sorted.

or as above. Ring gas safe.

Last edited:
Maybe somone on here knows the local inspector? Or will come out to your property to check.

If not, then get another opinion. Or make a complaint to gas safe. As there may be nothing wrong., I would get another opinion first.
Here's the page for complaints. You will need the details of the company who installed it. If you tell them you are contacting gas safe they will probably come and check.
Make a complaint about gas work
image.jpg

That was the number on the thread, didn't see any other numbers

Here is the number for Gas Safe:

0800 408 5500

Ask for an inspection. It's free and they will give you a definitive answer. If your installer should have upgraded the gas supply pipe and didn't, they can oblige him to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Unfortunately the fitting of a new Venturi did...
Replies
Views
I’m guessing the installer didn’t have a...
Replies
Views
In that case, just get the Mechanical Engineer...
Replies
Views
H
Prob blocked / frozen condense pipe does it...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I have Worcester combi boiler which has...
Replies
Views
Andy Jackson
A
Back