Boilermate II & Suprima - Replace with? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boilermate II & Suprima - Replace with? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mat Griffin

Hi all after a few suggestions.

We have a Boilermate II and Suprima boiler which have actually been quite reliable. We are remodelling the house and need to move the boiler to a different wall and I mentioned this when being service from HeatTeam. The engineer suggested that if we wanted to save space to remove the Suprima and the Boilermate and replace with a large combi boiler where the boilermate is situated in the cupboard upstairs providing we can get a gas to it.

My wife eyes lit up at this because it would mean we could make the cupboard the Boilermate is in smaller and extend our ensuite into the saved space.

But how feasible in terms of hot water flow and pressure is this. We currently have really good hot water pressure and flow due to the way the Boilermate works and I would not want to loose it.

Thanks.

I think the question you need to ask is how many bathrooms/showers/baths you have in your property.

If you have a couple of showers etc, then I would remove the Boilemate and fit an unvented cylinder. You will get the same flow/pressure as you do currently, but a much more reliable, lower maintainance system, and you can use more than one outlet at a time, which a combi would fail miserably at.

I think the question you need to ask is how many bathrooms/showers/baths you have in your property.

If you have a couple of showers etc, then I would remove the Boilemate and fit an unvented cylinder. You will get the same flow/pressure as you do currently, but a much more reliable, lower maintainance system, and you can use more than one outlet at a time, which a combi would fail miserably at.

1 bathroom with bath/shower and 1 ensuite. 2 adults, 1 child.

Not very often both showers are on at the same time.

If you have an ensuite and a bathroom then a combi is not really the way forward. They have there uses but as soon as you go above 1 bathroom I would never recommend 1.

If you have pressure and flow rate I would go for unvented and heat only boiler it does take up more space but you can still run your heating whilst hot water being used (imagine if 2-3 people have a 10 minute shower 1 after the other in the mornings that's 20-30 minutes that the heating is not working) plus the flow rate will be around 16 litres a minute so if you run 2 taps at a time it will half that.

your hot water flow rate will be alot less with a combi, i would avoid the engineers bad advise.

if your happy to accept a slightly slower bath fill rate on a smaller combi and keep the ensuite shower with an electric shower, which also acts as a backup if the boiler should fail there isnt a problem with a combi in your situ. As ever its horses for courses, get a couple of quotes and advice from different local plumbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Combi won't do 3 bathrooms. Need to check...
Replies
Views
LastPlumber's view makes sense. Anyway this...
Replies
Views
You’d be better speaking to your installer...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
32kw boiler will conceivably do a 32 bed house...
Replies
Views
Sods law the builders have disconnected the...
Replies
Views
Back