Cobi boiler fires up when thernostat timer is of | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Cobi boiler fires up when thernostat timer is of in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Ste115

Hello,

I have a new CH system installed with ufh downstairs andradiators upstairs. I have three thermostats, two downstairs and one upstairs.

The issue I am having is that the boiler fires up every15mins or so for around 30 seconds then goes off even when the thermostats areoff.

Any ideas would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Have you got the hot water pre heat set to on? What boiler is it? What sort of thermostats are they? What's the setback temp on the thermostats if they are digital?

My boiler does not have a hot water pre heat function. The boiler is a Heatline Capriz Plus, the thermostats are Heatmiser Neo and the setback temp is 5 degrees.

Cheers

Are you sure the boiler isnt wired up wrong and in fact it is one and running through the boilers internal bypass. Potentially the thermostats may well be linked to zone valves which are shut causing the small circuit and the fact it is only on for a few seconds. Worth checking wiring to boiler and ensuring there is no switch live even when boiler clock / stats are off.

what your describing does kinda sound like pre heat function, im not familiar with the boiler but is there a menu function it could be put on or off , otherwise there may be a zone valve stuck open or a problem with the wiring,
Is any pumps on ufh or anything heating up when the boiler fires up ???

i take its a system boiler lol no pre heat haha,,,, or is it a combi

I had a look at the wiring centre last night and the only thing that saw which I thought was different was the way in which Zone 1 was wired up (circled in red). I have three of the same thermostats highlighted in green and they are all wired up the same.
Below is the wiring centre diagram and below that is a photo of my wiring centre. Due to the fact that I didn’t have a hot water thermostat the plumber wired it up as below.
Wiring centre.jpgmy wiring centre.jpgdesk.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Yeah I think Ill have a Hive thermostat in...
Replies
Views
Thanks that definitely seems to be the...
Replies
Views
Thanks for all replies. I thought I was out of...
Replies
Views
B
No the installers need to come out
Replies
Views
Back