Combi Boiler Dripping when Power Switched Off | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Combi Boiler Dripping when Power Switched Off in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daddylongtoe

Hi all

I've got a Glow Worm Ultracom CXi30 combi boiler which starts dripping water when the power to it is switched off. The house is 6 years old and the boiler was installed when it was built.

This happened once about 5 years ago when we went on holiday and the in-laws popped in and 'helpfully' switched the power to the boiler off. We returned to water all over the kitchen side, directly under the boiler and the pressure had dropped right down. Since then, we've never switched the power off and it's has been absolutely fine, so never given it a second thought.

We're now about to sell the house and don't want to leave with any issues, so I switched the power to the boiler off to see if it happened again. Sure enough, within about an hour or two I found traces of water slowly appearing under the boiler. Of course, the pressure drops slowly too, but I switched it back on and the dripping stopped and the pressure has been fine since.

Is it normal for a combi boiler to drip water when the power is shut off? Any advice or clues would be greatly appreciated.

Please register with us and start a new thread to receive an answer to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
It's a sealed system so if its leaking from...
Replies
Views
C
Try reading this - the pump and flow switch
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back