Combi Boiler Install | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Combi Boiler Install in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paz6669

Hi All,

new to the site.

i have an old Baxi Solo boiler that has packed in, water tank in airing cupboard and water tank in loft.

i have had some quotes in for a new combi boiler (Worcester & Vaillaint) and quoted £2000 also quoted £1600 for an ideal logic with 7 years warranty.

That's for a 30kw running 8 radiators.

im looking for a idea on what I should be paying? I have been told a Maxi Main boiler is a good option and can get from wholesaler for 650.00

any advice?

It's not a maxi main it's a Baxi main. Well it's not it a main boiler but it's a Baxi in different clothes with a poor warranty and older technology. But ideal logic awsome . £1600 fitted that's madness! I won't even do a combi swap for that. Break his arms off then upload a picture of the install.

We did a 28kw duotec combi swap today with vertical flue £2609 + vat

Our competition. In a multicoloured blue van quoted 4k

Hi All,

new to the site.

i have an old Baxi Solo boiler that has packed in, water tank in airing cupboard and water tank in loft.

i have had some quotes in for a new combi boiler (Worcester & Vaillaint) and quoted £2000 also quoted £1600 for an ideal logic with 7 years warranty.

im looking for a idea on what I should be paying? I have been told a Maxi Main boiler is a good option and can get from wholesaler for 650.00

any advice?
At least £2500.00, in London make that 10K+
Did you want a good install or a bad one ?
How many quotes did you get ?
BTW welcome.

That's crazy cheap prices. .. scary the beans some folks will work for...

Hi All,

new to the site.

any advice?

Just a quick querrie is the quoted figures for boiler only or is it fitted, i mean if its soley for the boiler then thats a pritty big mark up but you have to remember when you see a figure online its for boiler only, you then have to by the flue , programmer magnaclean etc on top of that,,

Too cheap to be fitted me thinks

Too dear to be boiler only, too cheap to be fitted to a decent standard.

Unless I am misunderstanding. Is the OP switching to a combi, or not? If that price is to swap a Baxi Solo for a Main Heat only (a baxi solo with a main badge screwed on at a cheaper price) with no other changes, then thats probably do-able at the price.

Id bite there hand off if you new they were descent tradesman, although check that your gettin things like a magnaclean , properly flushed during install as if some people are up against the clock and wallet then corners are cut and its only you who suffers,

The materials alone would reach said figures Ray ??

If its a combi goin in then gas pipe 2 small unless 22 already there. plus condensates etc ,,,, need more details mate??????

The materials alone would reach said figures Ray ??

Not necessarily if its one-in-one-out, (heatonly for heatonly) with no need to change controls, add filter etc.

Thats why I asked for clarification on whether he plans to go for the combi or not. The OP isn't clear.

Yeh ray ,, its the thread headin but hes maybe just confused

Yeh ray ,, its the thread headin but hes maybe just confused

Ah yes - I should read the thread title!

I can't see a conversion from tank/cylinder to combi, materials and labour for that price. Always difficult to say without seeing the job, but probably north of £2.5k for a quality install.

It's for old one out and a combi boiler in.

includes new 22mm feed, new TRVs he is a local gas safe registered fitter and says will take 3 days to do.

Even i can do a combi to combi swap in a day and milk turns quicker than i work so it's defo a system to combi swap surely?

he says he has a cylinder in the airing cupboard so yes ian its a conversion and not a swap. with the prices given and the time estimated then the guy will be working for about 120 a day.......
:hanged:

price id very cheap for system to combi convert, i would be around 2.5-3k in vat but all depends what needs to be done. Condensate pipe, gas pipe, flue..all these could be tricky. also did they check your water pressure and flow if is suitable for 30kw combi?

Paz. I would put a post in the looking for a plumber section and get one of the guys off the forum who is local to quote, so you know your getting a good quality job at the right price.

That price for the job you are describing is crazy cheap. Like not cheap in a good way that you should get him, it's just too cheap simple. I do combi boiler swaps for £1600 all in as I'm not vat registered as yet so that helps unless gas pipe needs renewed which to be honest usually does, but for the work you are suggesting I done one recently for £3000 which people on her may say is too cheap.

i would suggest getting other quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks to @ShaunCorbs and @cjg for the helpful...
Replies
Views
Be aware that you’ll likely require a gas pipe...
Replies
Views
Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
External hounsfield heat only. If you really...
Replies
Views
Back