Combi boiler with rear flue | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Combi boiler with rear flue in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m drawing up a spec for a new kitchen and this includes a new position for a new combi boiler.

I’m currently thinking of a Vokera Compact A because, using the rear flue, means that it can be sited underneath the worktop (although I need to allow for a moveable hatch in the worktop over).

I wonder if anyone has any comments on the Vokera – I’ve no particular preference regarding boilers but this is the only one that I could find that would take a rear flue and hence fit under the work top (the Glow Worm rear flue is not long enough to work for me)

If you are redoing the kitchen cant you fit the new boiler above the worktop in a cupboard?

currently fitting a vokera vision 30c with rear flue, its got a 7 year warantee and looks pretty decent!
its 720mm deep. wouldnt like to work on it on my hands and knees under the counter though!!

Vokera vision decent boiler - as with any if it's fitted correctly

Not thick walls but flue has to extend through the pitch of the roof. The Vokera one is okay but not the Glow Worm.

You do know you will require access to all the joints over the length of the flue ;)

You do know you will require access to all the joints over the length of the flue ;)

Thanks.

The only joists involved will be the roof joists and the flue will go between 2 of them when going from the upstand wall on which the boiler is mounted through the slates to the external air.

Thanks.

The only joists involved will be the roof joists and the flue will go between 2 of them when going from the upstand wall on which the boiler is mounted through the slates to the external air.

He said joints not joists. :smile:

I’m drawing up a spec for a new kitchen and this includes a new position for a new combi boiler.

I’m currently thinking of a Vokera Compact A because, using the rear flue, means that it can be sited underneath the worktop (although I need to allow for a moveable hatch in the worktop over).

I wonder if anyone has any comments on the Vokera – I’ve no particular preference regarding boilers but this is the only one that I could find that would take a rear flue and hence fit under the work top (the Glow Worm rear flue is not long enough to work for me)
in terms of your first post was actually are the dimensions we are looking at herE? I.e. gap for the boiler distance to outside etc

Thanks.

Four joints as flue will be in either 0.5 or 1m pieces

Is any body reading these posts? It's a combi with a direct rear flue - can not be extend only joint is the one connecting it a the back of the boiler

Is any body reading these posts? It's a combi with a direct rear flue - can not be extend only joint is the one connecting it a the back of the boiler

We op said its the only one that can be extended

in terms of your first post was actually are the dimensions we are looking at herE? I.e. gap for the boiler distance to outside etc

Here's a section - excuse the scribbled "computer writing". The flue is just long enough to give a tightest dimension to slate of 300MM

Capture temp 1.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

The condensate pipe might be sharing the drain...
Replies
Views
Billy Boiler
B
A decent water pressure and flow will be...
Replies
Views
Will do. Many Thanks for your help
Replies
Views
Yes, I did see that the matter of putting Mag...
Replies
Views
I have seen a combi installation where the...
Replies
Views
Back