Condensate pump making strange noise on boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Condensate pump making strange noise on boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RobSamson

Hi there

My first post on the forum ! Would very much appreciate your help.

i have a Worcester and Bosch Greenstar 440 highflow and for the past 24 hours the condensate pump has been making a constant noise, like it is always trying get rid of condensate. Air bubbles are visible in the condensate pipe and rather than jetting out water like normal it is slowly very slowly pushing out a mix of water and air. I have no detailed knowledge of boilers but have recently made two changes around it that may be responsible:

- connected a new cold water pipe that feeds the boiler (introduced air?)
- moved location of condensate waste to join the base of sink (from post U bend to pre U bend)

Would anyone know which of the two changes is likely responsible and most importantly if there's a straightforward fix? Water pressure is normal 1.5 bar and there's no leaking or other issues (hot water running, no noise elsewhere on the boiler)

Thanks in advance!

Rob

The cold water pipe won't have done anything.
But the altering where the condense pump joins in might have. It might not be able to push through the trap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

IMO, the boiler should be derated to ~ 20kw...
Replies
Views
Below is a sizing chart based on a heat loss...
Replies
Views
Hi, When I turn on the central heating, the...
Replies
Views
D
The return temperature at the boiler governs...
Replies
Views
200% won’t be the reason the cylinder isn’t...
Replies
Views
Back