Connecting 40mm waste outlet into110mm foul water system and crossing foul water pipe | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Connecting 40mm waste outlet into110mm foul water system and crossing foul water pipe in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

C

craigskelly

I am building an extension and need to connect a 40mm waste outlet from the bath into a new foul water system. I spoke to building control and was told that I needed to convert the 40mm pipe (this is already in place through the wall) into a 110mm stack fitted with an anti-vacuum valve. I didn't think to ask the question at the time but is it generably allowable to run the 40mm pipe down the wall into a short length of 110mm pipe (i.e. 110mm feeding from the foul water drain up the wall say 500mm) or do I need to create a 110mm stack extending above the sofit level (+1m I think) and connect the 40mm into the stack at the same approximate height (allowing for a fall of course) as the pipe protrudes through the wall? I will have two more full height stacks on the extension which connect directly to toilets/sinks/showers and these will have vents and anti-vacuum valves on the 40mm inlets.
Another question I have is on the rainwater system that will drain into a soakaway. In two locations, I need to cross the line of the foul water system and looking at the gully I wish to buy, I think I could do this by running at 45degrees out of the back of the gulley i.e. a short length of pipe just long enough (I would think 600mm or so) which allows me to cross the foul water system before connecting via a T into the rainwater system - does anyone see any issues with this as the alternative would be to dig the rainwater system trench deeper (hard work!) meaning I would need to enter the soakaway at lowish level - would that in itself cause any issues?

Re: Connecting 40mm waste outlet into110mm foul water system and crossing foul water

Provided you have one vent pipe near end of longest run then stub stacks are acceptable elsewhere.
Soak ways should be at least 5 metres from any foundations. How the water gets there rarely concerns BC.

Re: Connecting 40mm waste outlet into110mm foul water system and crossing foul water

Just run the SVP to sofit height or above the roof if there's a window near by. Stick a cage on the end, no need for any valve.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Soil comes into the building at 45. I was...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
From a 25kg bag of salt 24+kg will come out of...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Best thing to do first is to read the relevant...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Our Victorian house's rainwater down-pipes are...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, appreciate the advice! It’s a walk-in...
Replies
Views
Back