Constantly filling toilet, issue with fill valve. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Constantly filling toilet, issue with fill valve. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guy

I have been to a customers house today with an issue with her toilet cistern constantly filling with water non stop. It's not leaking over as it's draining away down the bowl. It's an Italian toilet called an Axa. They don't even have a website. The cistern does not have a ball cock so it's not a simple issue of changing the washer or ball. The arm on the fill valve is loose and will not rise it just stays down so the water is constantly gushing out.

It will need a totally new fill valve (side entry), only issue is i'm struggling to find one similar and screwfix only have two types in their catalogue. I can't put a photo up as i have a new phone and haven't worked it out:p My question is as it's side entry and ball cock less is possible to just put any side entry fill valve in?

Hard to say without seeing but look up fluid master cistern valves:)regards turnpin

These toilets are old skool and the odd one will constantly leak water but shud do so ever so gradually. This however is within the regs believe it or not even though it's still wasting water? I seen a post on her a couple of weeks back and a user had the same problem! Maybe u could search the forum for the solution he/she used

When repairing WCs I use Torbecks for most side entry valves (and PRO45B for bottom fill).

Neither Torbeck or Fluidmaster fit as her cistern is ridiculously narrow. I took the existing fill valve into plumb center and they are as baffled as me. So that's screw fix, b&q and plumb center that don't supply them. Spoke to a company called CMI and they reckon they may have one to fit, they're going to send a picture over by email before ordering.

This website any help?

[DLMURL="http://www.lunns.net/cisternspares/"]Lunns Cistern Spares[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Dontknowitall, you're a diamond Valsir 3/8" Copper Upstand Float Valve is exactly the type of thing i have been looking for!

got a 4 to 6 week wait for it though unfortunatley by the looks of it

Typical aint it? Will just have to tell the customer to order it in and wait for it.

does it have to be the valsir? is there not another one that you could use? or failing that as you say order it tell your customer about lead time and just keep them informed that way you'll all be happy and the customer is reassured that the problem whilst not dangerous or problematic at the moment is all in hand :D

My pleasure Guy - hope you have better luck than I did - mine cost £46+ then didn't fit and the one I needed wasn't made anymore. So customer is now thinking about a new WC as we're not sure a different system is going to work.

My pleasure Guy - hope you have better luck than I did - mine cost £46+ then didn't fit and the one I needed wasn't made anymore. So customer is now thinking about a new WC as we're not sure a different system is going to work.

That's what i was afraid of. I have a feeling it won't fit but it looks like the correct one. Everywhere i went they were all stumped. Newline, Screwfix, b&q and plumb center.

Guy you seem to be having an unlucky week mate. can you not just get a 3/8" connector to 15mm copper and make your own upstand elbow at top and then fit a side entry torbeck so it floats on the other side of the cistern? just a thought

I suppose i could of done, but the customer was rushing me to get done as she had to go out. Turns out she's had to wait now anyway.

Blimey, that's some lateral thinking!!!

Excellent, Johnmcginty!!

I have an answer for this! I'm assuming that what you have is a white and blue plastic piece, yes? If you posted a picture, I'm sorry I can't see it.

Anyway, what you want to do is take that little stick (sorry for lack of proper terminology) and turn it to the left. That should lower the bottom blue piece. Just keep lowering it until it stops the water at the level you want.

I have an answer for this! I'm assuming that what you have is a white and blue plastic piece, yes? If you posted a picture, I'm sorry I can't see it.

Anyway, what you want to do is take that little stick (sorry for lack of proper terminology) and turn it to the left. That should lower the bottom blue piece. Just keep lowering it until it stops the water at the level you want.

bit bit late I'm afraid, the thread is 4 years old.

bit bit late I'm afraid, the thread is 4 years old.
My internet is being glitchy, so I didn't notice the date. I feel really silly now.
On the upside, if anyone has the same problem and sees this, they'll have an answer!

Don't worry about it I feel silly most nights...it keeps my feet on the ground.

Welcome to the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
sam, your not the first to do it and you wont be the last but it will be the last time that you do it :001_9898:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You could try a long flexi and make it a wider...
Replies
Views
I would take a look inside the cistern, make...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Up date. Valve faulty.
Replies
Views
What float valve did you purchase from B&Q...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Try putting food colourant in cistern chances...
Replies
Views
Back