Do i need to change washer in toilet cistern? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Do i need to change washer in toilet cistern? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, my toilet keeps filling with water even after flushing has stopped. It did this about 3 or 4 years ago, and when I checked there was a tiny hole in the washer in the ballcock. I changed the washer and the problem was solved. I've checked the washer this time, but it looks perfect. Can't see a hole. Do you think the washer needs changing again, or could it be another problem? Thanks.

another problem!
more likely the dumpvalve seal if its the round type. or overfilling/flowing perhaps?

Flush the toilet and hold valve closed, if it still fills up then it is the inlet valve diaphragm (washer) if it doesn't fill up then the flush valve is letting by.

Flush the toilet and hold valve closed, if it still fills up then it is the inlet valve diaphragm (washer) if it doesn't fill up then the flush valve is letting by.
Thanks for the replies. I think it must be the flush valve as the diaphragm washer looks OK. I think I'm out of my depth now though, so time to call a plumber. Hope it's not too costly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

H
Have you got the measurements of the old one...
Replies
Views
Hello! I was checking something in the toilet...
Replies
Views
B
If by 'slow flushing' you mean, when you...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for the reply. I didn’t get a photo...
Replies
Views
When you say 'cleaned the bottom of the tank'...
Replies
Views
Back