Do LPG boilers have LPG labels all over them? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Do LPG boilers have LPG labels all over them? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

beesley121

Hi guys,

replaced a boiler yesterday. On taking it off the wall, I seen a lpg label on the top and thought what the hell. I'd already done a tightness test, G4 meter, so started thinking it could be a secondary meter as it was a block of flats for pensioners, but can you have secondary meters for lpg and can a G4 be used?? Im not LPG trained

Put manometer on on meter and opened the Ecv fully, now not knowing much about LPG, I do know the working pressure is around 37mbar, manometer gave me only 25 so had to be NAT gas

on taking the boiler off the wall, I found even more LPG labels. Could it be a LPG boiler that's been converted to NAT gas? Pcb data plate showed go number and said NAT gas. Really was puzzled

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah they do. It could of been converted back over and new data badge put on. You can smell the difference as well and the smell seems to stick to you. It's horrible I hate the stuff!

The regulator at the meter will be stamped which gas it uses. If it was LPG then the water would have been blown out of the gauge.

Check to make sure that the conversion back to NG has been done properly. Which boiler was it?

Sounds to me like somebody has fitted a second hand boiler!

Hi, it's a worcester 280

water wouldn't have blew out of my manometer as I have the regin one with the special sg water. Standing pressure though was only 25 mbar

An old Worcester then, that boiler would require an LPG gas valve and new injectors. It will say on the valve if its LPG.

What year is written on the meter have they recently had mains gas put into that street?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I have connected the secondary pump to a wifi...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
D
Replies
Views
Mate, all you need to do is everything, to...
Replies
Views
From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
Back