Electric Combi Boiler - Elnur Gabarron CMX15 | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Electric Combi Boiler - Elnur Gabarron CMX15 in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonG

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Story so far........
Priced up a job for a new utility oil boiler upgrading to S plan to change from gravity hot water etc.
Existing oil tank is steel, very good condition, but sat on the only bit of garden for the house, close to window, eaves etc. Couldn't change it in the future and comply with regs. Although I'm sure somebody would.
Anyway, with the "unrest in the middle east", the oil companies thinking of a number and doubling it over the winter, they have opted for electric.
Looked at the Trianco Aztec, looked ok, think it will be expensive to run, but will do the job. Frees up the boiler room for conversion to cloakroom. Asked them to check with the electrician with regard incoming supply and continued use of electric shower.
Electrician phones me and says just use an electric combi, or more specific an Elnur Gabarron CMX15. Found very little info on this. It's made in Madrid and a company down south sells them for about £1600 inc vat.
So, as anybody installed one or have any thoughts on it.

Just out of interest what did you think of the CMX15? I fitted one, heating circuit never worked though. Initially I thought it would be a good boiler, but both I and my customer were let down by Elnur UK who took nearly 6 weeks to replace the boiler. Because of that I would never use the product again.

Nice and easy to install, just about 12 months since it went in, been back and done the bathroom for the same cust since then and they where very happy with it. Hoping to get some running costs soon for the first 12 months.

I bought this one through a local merchant and haven't had to deal with the manufacturer.

Elnur Gabarron CMX15

I am thinking of replacing my "broken" Churchill electric (mains pressure) storage boiler with one of these. The replacement needs to handle 6 rads and DHW for 1 bathroom and Kitchen - do you think this boiler will do the job?
I am also concerned about flow rates to an over bath shower as their data sheets don't specify any. Also, Do you have any running costs yet?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Phil

Last edited by a moderator:
Phili welcome to the forum , this is an old post but thanks for using the search button am sure , someone will reply in answer to your question.

Thanks

Hello Phil,

The cottage I fitted it in had three baedrooms, bathroom, utility, kitchen, dining room, living room and cloakroom all with radiators. Bathroom had bath and thermostatic mixer over it. No problems with heating or hot water, shower was good, but this is dependant upon incoming pressure and flow. However still no running costs yet. But back in April the customer was finding it better than they thought. But the running costs will depend on how you run it. The cottage I fitted it in also had a wood burning stove in the living room.

Hope this helps.

Also as it stores more than 15 litres of hot water it is best fitted by a g3 qualified engineer as there are pressure and temp/press safety relief valves that need to be piped through a tundish (not supplied) and d2 pipework.

Oh and welcome to the forum. :)

Elnur Gabarron CMX15

I am thinking of replacing my "broken" Churchill electric (mains pressure) storage boiler with one of these. The replacement needs to handle 6 rads and DHW for 1 bathroom and Kitchen - do you think this boiler will do the job?
I am also concerned about flow rates to an over bath shower as their data sheets don't specify any. Also, Do you have any running costs yet?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Phil

If I were you, I'd do what I tell all my customers before purchasing a new boiler to do, that is to call the manufacturers warranty telephone number. See how long you'll be put on hold listening to Greensleeves or whatever else they want to play. Then I'd find out whether spares are readily available and held by stockists in this country. Then I'd find out if they have a network of service agents in close proximity to where you live. Then I'd find out how long their service agents will take to visit your property from your initial telephone call. After doing these basic checks if your happy then purchase the boiler. Personally I would not touch this boiler again, solely on the basis that the customer service was dreadful here's my view on it others may love it.

Hi Simon,
thanks so much for your prompt response. Your customers' property sounds a lot like ours we also have a stone built (circa 1790) cottage (was 3, now 1), with a wood burner in the lounge - no back boiler unfortunately!
I have been trying to get my head around the potential difference in running costs between a boiler like the Elnur, which essentially a flow boiler as opposed to the storage boiler like the Churchhill.

Best wishes,

Phil

Forgot to say that although I bought it through a local independant builders merchant it came from city electrical factors and was cheaper than the only one I could find on the net.

Also the boiler has not been set up at it's maximum wattage, there are switches inside that allow to go from 3kw upto the max in 3kw steps. From memory it was set to 9kw, I only remember this as the sparky temporarily wired it into the old electric shower supply.

Hello Ivor,
Many thanks for your comments they are all very relevant and I will check these out.
I am sorry you had a bad experience with Elnur but the thing I like most about this boiler is its controllability. The concept of multi-element heaters for both central heating and DHW being modulated under microprocessor control has got to be a whole heap better than the "all or nothing" control on my old Churchill - which is now running at a splendid 3Kw as 2 elements are dead and the 4th has a bad relay!!

Best wishes,

Phil

Sorry for reserecting an old post ! but I'm in need of an Electric Combi (CH & HW) for my flat.
Only running 3 hot taps and 5 rads. Would this be suitable for me ?
Are there any other similar boilers (wall hung that dont need a separate tank), maybe a bit cheaper ?
Cheapest I can find this for is about £1500 but was hoping to get something for a bit less if possible.
Guessing fitting is quite straight forward, currently have a brand new gas boiler fitted but no gas supply (long story!!). Is it a straight swap with a few minor pipe adjustments (and obviously the wiring)

cheers

Sorry for reserecting an old post ! but I'm in need of an Electric Combi (CH & HW) for my flat.
Only running 3 hot taps and 5 rads. Would this be suitable for me ?
Are there any other similar boilers (wall hung that dont need a separate tank), maybe a bit cheaper ?
Cheapest I can find this for is about £1500 but was hoping to get something for a bit less if possible.
Guessing fitting is quite straight forward, currently have a brand new gas boiler fitted but no gas supply (long story!!). Is it a straight swap with a few minor pipe adjustments (and obviously the wiring)

cheers

Hi,
I would say that the Elnur boiler would be ideal for you. We had one installed 2 months ago and it is working great. I understand that the installation can be tricky (we had ours installed by a supplier approved installer) with no problems. I understand from Elnur that all problems received to date have been due to improper installation.
If I can help you further please let me know.

Phil

Hi,
I understand from Elnur that all problems received to date have been due to improper installation

Phil

Manufacturers will always say that, but it doesn't account for poor customer service and not necessarily true. As it happens we had to fit another one around 3 weeks ago not by choice but by limitations of space and it was installed exactly the same as the previous one and this one worked ok. The only issue being is that the electrician had to call Elnurs technical helpline to query something only to be told that no one would be in the office until the following Monday...

and I wouldn't say the installation is tricky, very straightforward.

cheers guys,

Phil , how's the cost of running ? guessing you've switched to economy 7 or 10.
What kw should I run it at ? My spark has said he will upgrade my main fuse to 100amps (think thats what he said, sorry know nothing about electric!)

Hi,

I would first like to say that i am not a plumber!, but would be very grateful for any advice. My parents house needs re plumbing we do not have a oil or gas supply. I have received only one quote so far £5,700 this include vat. This price is for 11 new rads, a new cmx18 electric combi boiler and this includes all of it being plumed in.............is this quote good???

Hi,

I would first like to say that i am not a plumber!, but would be very grateful for any advice. My parents house needs re plumbing we do not have a oil or gas supply. I have received only one quote so far £5,700 this include vat. This price is for 11 new rads, a new cmx18 electric combi boiler and this includes all of it being plumed in.............is this quote good???

Conor, tried to reply to your second pm but your inbox is full.

Rads need to be sized accordingly, plenty online calculators.

As for the price, it's impossible to say without looking.

We have fitted 20 cmx15 all my customers are over the moon with them

That's great now register with the forum they don't like unregistered posters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

D
It’s a combi so hot water doesn’t need timing...
Replies
Views
I know who you are, I was just interested in...
Replies
Views
What about a High temp air source heat pump ...
Replies
Views
The worst oil boiler ever to hit the market...
Replies
Views
(I would have thought an alternative to...
Replies
Views
Back