Filter on boiler? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Filter on boiler? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
and mis get a bit stringency on warranty if not fitted

Thanks. If using a stand off kit and running the flow and return pipework behind the boiler and up through the ceiling to the floor area. Would be hard to install it unless it was under the floorboards. Which I guess is not really practical.

Thanks. If using a stand off kit and running the flow and return pipework behind the boiler and up through the ceiling to the floor area. Would be hard to install it unless it was under the floorboards. Which I guess is not really practical.

if you can drop the boiler 100mm and install above

Could yes but would look realy unsightly as the boiler is in the kitchen above the work tops not in a cupboard or anything.

Could yes but would look realy unsightly as the boiler is in the kitchen above the work tops not in a cupboard or anything.

but will save your boiler alot

The reason the filter is fitted on the return is that it stops dissolved solids getting to your boiler where they would cause all kinds of problems.

However having it on the flow is better than none at all.

And having it under a trap under the floor sounds like a stupid idea? This is what someone suggested to me

And having it under a trap under the floor sounds like a stupid idea? This is what someone suggested to me

yes and no if its easy to get at i dont see a problem but if your planning on putting carpet over the top no

yes and no if its easy to get at i dont see a problem but if your planning on putting carpet over the top no

the fillter i fitted in my house in under the floor in the kitchen, tight to the floor so i have to use a wet vac to clean it out, and theres floorboards ply then 2 layers of lino ontop of it, and ive got to pull the w/m out to get the floor up, but it's better than not having one,

but it only gets cleaned every 2 years

fit it in the cupboard below the boiler, box pipework in between boiler and worktop (removable boxing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

what is the elevation and run length between...
Replies
Views
Who said plastic 28/22mm copper tube and mlcp...
Replies
Views
L
That shouldn't happen. Going to need lots of...
Replies
Views
So getting back to my original question, do...
Replies
Views
As long as your flow pipe is getting hot first...
Replies
Views
Back