first boiler job | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss first boiler job in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

eddiebrown424

Hi guys fitting my first boiler (gas safe) and sooooo silly question time. BTW only registered through a company yesterday pm. With regards to air vents on boiler pipework with a pressurised system.... are they necessary. the plumber I worked for alwys put them in but with the layout of the pipe work unless i run the flow and return behind the boiler (worcester greenstar 15ri heat only) it will mean a 750mm dead leg to get the aav above the boiler.

thanks

eddie

ahhhh your gonna say if i dont know the answer to the question i shouldnt be fitting a boiler huh. PS didn't have a brill day either hope it werent too bad.

best place vents at highest point of the system, and its been shyte for 3 days

Yip, high points of the heating system ans put a set of valves on before them so the can be completely isolated.

sorry about that man. The thing is if i pipe up with the flow and return at the bottom of the boiler and tee off and continue up to an aav i thought this would be a dead leg (and look ****). Guess it would look bettr and be more practical if i took the pipes behind the boiler and teed to the AAVs at highlevel. what do you think? hope it gets better tommorrow.

oooh sounds interesting....... cheers as i said hope it gets better for you.

AAV's should go by pump, thumb vents at high points In pipe runs. Hope the boiler goes well.

Why do you want to stick vents on? Sounds of it your boiler is higher than the pipework. It has a vent built in.

Hi A wheating and thanks. Hi croppie its just that the boiler is the highest point but if i pipe it from above the pipework is higher than theboiler. So are you saying that if the boiler is the highest point in the system and has an air vent (do they all ?) thereis no point putting aavs on the system its pressurised nyway so less chance of drawing air in....

Thanks yaall for the advice love this place

Eddie

Depending on where your rads are positioned they are your manual AV , you only need aav IF the pipe work IS going higher than boiler n rads, AAV on coil at cyl ,

Or if it goalposts up into the loft,along and then drops to feed a radiator for any reason :)

Don't put AAV's on anywhere else if there is on on boiler. Thumbvents on high points in pipework for initial fill is all you need. :bow:

If the boiler is the highest point in the system you shouldn't need one surely?? It will have an internal AAV which should suffice if its the highest point. Cutting a T and running new piece of pipe just to get a new high seems cowboy to me

Put them in boxings or in stud walls. Hours of fun looking for leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

hello Chris. Thank you for your reply . I have...
Replies
Views
Yes, a 24kW will be fine - just what you need.
Replies
Views
hello, old post but what did you go with in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
I thought it would be good manners to give an...
Replies
Views
Will do. Many Thanks for your help
Replies
Views
Back