First fixing toilet waste | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss First fixing toilet waste in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a new build when First fixing the toilet waste for a close coupled toilet, on the first floor, so coming up through the floor boards in the center of where the toilet will be. Should it be brought up tight back to the wall? Will a bent pan connector reach far enough in to the room to reach the toilet? What can be done if not?

needs to be placed so wc will sit correctly and pan connector will fit into soil pipe, simple enough.

Allow 15mm for plasterboard and skim, core your hole in wood.

Its better being further back than too far forward.

Tip: if its too far back on 2nd fix for only a bent pan connector: put a straight pan connector in the bent with a piece of 4" between them. Jobs a good en!

You can get the dimensions of a lot of toilets by checking with the supplier & also perhaps online.
Some toilets vary a bit & annoyingly some need the soil pipe near to finished wall & others need it out a couple of inches.

Yes but the toilet won't be there to check with it begin the first fix

You need at least an inch and half away from wall to allow for the collar on the pan connector. If a bent won't reach then use a flexi. If bog wont go back to wall stick a batton behind cistern or box out. If its new build there will be drawings.....

Allow 15mm for plasterboard and skim, core your hole in wood.

Its better being further back than too far forward.

Tip: if its too far back on 2nd fix for only a bent pan connector: put a straight pan connector in the bent with a piece of 4" between them. Jobs a good en!

that will look nice!!, better to get some dimensions off a standard loo or for the one being installed to get it right.

tight to the wall then, you can always get long/flex pan conecctors

As said the only real way to do it is to talk to the customer or site agent and either get a pan on site or get the make and model and go on line for dimensions. No point in guessing it will only be wrong!

good idea to get any other sanitary ware you need while your at it.

So your saying it has to be at least 1.5 inch away from the finish wall?

That in my experience is about right for most standard toilets - very approx about 3 1/2" to centre of soil pipe from finished wall surface.
I usually have either the dimensions or else the actual toilet which I push a bent pan connector on & measure the centre of it from a wall.

without dimensions or sanitary ware on site it is really just guesswork

4inch from block work. To centre

That's the way i knew it to be for nearly all toilets years ago.
Nowadays there are so many odd toilets & this claim culture that it is better to get the soil pipe to an exact specified measurement as agreed by customer, or it could be hell later.
Take a picture on your phone of any specs a customer shows you as proof later if they claim anything wrong.

that will look nice!!, better to get some dimensions off a standard loo or for the one being installed to get it right.

Doesnt look as bad as a flexi which blocks up all the time on the ripples, or mucking around with wood to bring the cistern further off the wall.
Never had a problem in the past. If its guesswork i go with this. How many sites are that well run that they have sanitryware just lying around in first fix stage... None where ive been

The sanitary ware won't be on site but it's been priced so someone knows what's on order, a spot of digging about getting info is a lot less hassle than digging about trying to move a soil pipe 40-50mm

Do you not need to take the soul stack up to the attic to vent it to atmosphere ? Or at the very least above the heigh of the pan and fit a durgo? In that case u can just branch off at a height of about 6" FFFL and that will give you a decent height to catch on to and give the waste a good run

Ur missing the concept bhoydavid... Hes not asking what HEIGHT the soil needs to be finished. Hes asking how far off the wall

I've found a soil clip to be about the right distance from a finished wall.

So work out that, PB Dab is prob 25-30mm, plus tiles? Ceramic usually 10-12mm. 40mm piece of timber with a soil clip screwed on, push back to block work and there's your depth.

If you're working on site no one will expect you to be cock on, all the other plumbers will be shyte. Never done site work and I'm glad - couldn't deal with the pressure of needing to be so quick the work suffers

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the advice if I'm on a job with no dimensions so I''ll go with the 1.5 inch from finish floor level. Can I also ask how people bring the waste up from the bath, do you just bring it up through the floor near the wall on the end were the waste will be.

Thanks for the advice if I'm on a job with no dimensions so I''ll go with the 1.5 inch from finish floor level. Can I also ask how people bring the waste up from the bath, do you just bring it up through the floor near the wall on the end were the waste will be.
Oh my god! Was that it.

just
leave it too long and cut it when fit the bog.

Surely asking about 1 waste was bad enough, now the OP is asking about the bath, next the basin. What are these first fixes going to look like ?! And will they be watertight :O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Well persevered, it is always worth the extra...
Replies
Views
yeah that's perfect 2 45s
Replies
Views
That's brilliant mate, thank you. I didn't see...
Replies
Views
Thanks mate for the reply. Unfortunately the...
Replies
Views
Back