Fitting a New combi boiler at Bro's house whats the best choice? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Fitting a New combi boiler at Bro's house whats the best choice? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Mario

Gas Engineer
Dont say worcester!

Im thinking maybe a viessmann but parts are expensive hes saying just stick a vailaint but I dono what would you say is the best at the moment?????

If he intends to stay there then not a combi....
if he has the flow rates an pressure go system and unvented!

viessmann are good on completely clean systems, first sign of sludge and its oh no!

i like vaillant, make sure its the plus and not the pro

ideal logic plus get a good write up but it appears a few are having issues.

if you want nice and bullet proof then go intergas or an atag

Atag A325ECX has a built in gas saver and is a lovely piece of kit

Combi may well suit. Less expense than a UV system and if the need doesn't require then I would fit a combi. Personally I like the duo tec HEA,also with a 7 yr warranty.
to add,I've never had a problem with any of the duo tecs I've fitted

Last edited:
speak ro ray at Williams he will sort something out get a boiler high 5/7 years warranty

Viessmann all day long, parts expensive, nah, you never need any.

What about a Baxi platinum 10 year guarantee can't beat that?

speak ro ray at Williams he will sort something out get a boiler high 5/7 years warranty

Need to know more about the property, and your bro's family size and lifestyle.

Recommending the best boiler is like recommending the best car. It depends on what you want it for!

For a starter, how big is the house, how many bedrooms, how many bathrooms, how many in the family, and whats the water pressure and flow rate like?

Is there an existing combi, and if so, what is it, and are they happy with the performance?

How long do they expect to stay in the property? Are they the sort of people who are likely to get it serviced regularly?

Need to know more about the property, and your bro's family size and lifestyle.

Recommending the best boiler is like recommending the best car. It depends on what you want it for!

For a starter, how big is the house, how many bedrooms, how many bathrooms, how many in the family, and whats the water pressure and flow rate like?

Is there an existing combi, and if so, what is it, and are they happy with the performance?

How long do they expect to stay in the property? Are they the sort of people who are likely to get it serviced regularly?

Forgive me for asking, but how can ANYONE recommend a boiler without knowing the answers to the questions above?

im with ray here theres a down the nose view of combis exhibited by some people on here, theres millions out there so someone obviously likes them.
while i agree a unvented is nice it does take up space and is twice the cost of a combi to buy and higher labour to install and more expensive to run

Forgive me for asking, but how can ANYONE recommend a boiler without knowing the answers to the questions above?

you mean to tel me you cant tell what brands are good from **** without knowing every minute spec? any way its a 2 bed, one bathroom although i thought that was pretty obvious since its a combi, and how long do they expect to stay in the property well how long is a piece of string?

you mean to tel me you cant tell what brands are good from **** without knowing every minute spec? any way its a 2 bed, one bathroom although i thought that was pretty obvious since its a combi, and how long do they expect to stay in the property well how long is a piece of string?

you tell em super mario:rockon2:

I can tell you the brands to avoid. But that doesn't mean that the remainder are good for what you want.

Seriously, consider the same question about a car. Whats the best car?

For me, I like a big roomy car, comfy on long haul, reasonably cheap to run, with a long warranty, and I am tight - so I drive a Hyundai Santa Fe. Its the right choice for me.

For my neighbour, with three kids and lots of running about town, its something else.

Its not the "minute" spec. Its having a rough idea of what you need.

Another example - if you have 4 teenage daughters, I would recommend a different product to if you have no kids. To my mind, if you don't ask these questions, then you aren't a professional. You are just another internet pundit.

whats the diference between the vitodens 100 and 200 ive never fitted the 200

about £ 250 quid. LOL

No, the 200 s bigger loads of room inside, works better with weather comp and solar. Has easily adjustable heating curve/slope (saves plenty gas) in fact they are only allowed posh houses, that's why theres one on my wall heating this place lol

I'd fit a viessmann 100w or logic + in my own place.

Wouldn't bother with the 200w unless you want the tech that comes with it

how long do they expect to stay in the property well how long is a piece of string?

Makes a difference to how they view a long warranty.

There are lots of warranty deals out there at the moment - 7 years is almost standard, and 10 years not hard to achieve.

But both come at a price, and if you are either a) planning to move or b) not going to get your boiler serviced, then they are a complete waste of money.

But hey - if you want an uninformed recommendation, then knock yourself out. :)

Makes a difference to how they view a long warranty.

There are lots of warranty deals out there at the moment - 7 years is almost standard, and 10 years not hard to achieve.

But both come at a price, and if you are either a) planning to move or b) not going to get your boiler serviced, then they are a complete waste of money.

But hey - if you want an uninformed recommendation, then knock yourself out. :)

i prefer one that i don't need :)

about £ 250 quid. LOL

No, the 200 s bigger loads of room inside, works better with weather comp and solar. Has easily adjustable heating curve/slope (saves plenty gas) in fact they are only allowed posh houses, that's why theres one on my wall heating this place lol

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
A
I looked up the faults out of curiosity as I...
Replies
Views
Back