Gas Combi Boiler Choice (water softener) | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gas Combi Boiler Choice (water softener) in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Ada69

I have a Victorian 2 bed house with 1 bathroom. Pulling out the old boiler and tanks and going get a combi installed. Now I want the system to also have a water softener in it, here lies the problem I believe. Worcester Bosch advise not to use water softeners on their boilers due to them having an Aluminum Primary heat exchanger with a secondary heat exchanger being made of stainless steel, Tech help line said it would ruin the boiler and to look at another boiler which was honest of them I felt.

Vaillant combi boilers have a Stainless Steel Primary heat exchanger and a Stainless steel secondary heat exchanger so this would work with a water softener?. Does this mean that if I want to use a water softener I am limiting myself to which boiler I can choose.

Could someone please recommend me a Vaillant combi boiler for my house, I don’t want it to be under powered for the house either! Bit out of my depth on this one!

Thank you.

You could also fit a glowworm, part of the same company i believe

ecotec plus 24kw or higher is a very nice boiler

I have a Victorian 2 bed house with 1 bathroom. Pulling out the old boiler and tanks and going get a combi installed. Now I want the system to also have a water softener in it, here lies the problem I believe. Worcester Bosch advise not to use water softeners on their boilers due to them having an Aluminum Primary heat exchanger with a secondary heat exchanger being made of stainless steel, Tech help line said it would ruin the boiler and to look at another boiler which was honest of them I felt.

Vaillant combi boilers have a Stainless Steel Primary heat exchanger and a Stainless steel secondary heat exchanger so this would work with a water softener?. Does this mean that if I want to use a water softener I am limiting myself to which boiler I can choose.

Could someone please recommend me a Vaillant combi boiler for my house, I don’t want it to be under powered for the house either! Bit out of my depth on this one!

Thank you.

Just make sure your filling loop is fed off the hard bit of the supply or temporarily isolate the water softener when filling and topping up. The softener should be plumbed to make this a doddle.

UKWTA position statement says at present only MTS Ariston have confirmed compatibility of their entire range of boilers with artificially softened water. But most manufacturers of boilers with stainless steel heat exchangers do not consider softened water a problem. You should contact the manufacturer first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

update on this, attached the Kinetico HE water...
Replies
Views
Probably temperature sensor or thermistor that...
Replies
Views
R
Wb 4000 recently installed, and just balanced...
Replies
Views
Return temperature
R
You've already spent thousands on a new boiler...
Replies
Views
Anyway, you can always increase the boiler...
Replies
Views
Back