Glow-worm Betacom 24c High Boiler Pressure | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Glow-worm Betacom 24c High Boiler Pressure in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wheelie1

Hi,
I recently had problems with my hot water and an engineer came around and removed the plate heat exchanger and cleaned it out along with cleaning the diverter valve. This seems to have solved my hot water issues but I now seem to be having trouble with the boiler pressure going into the red zone (3-4 bar) when the heating is on. This is then leading to the pressure relief valve leaking. I have drained some water from a radiator to reduce the pressure to just over 1 bar but when the heating goes back on the same issue arises.
I would be grateful for any advice.
Thanks

Pressure vessel needs recharging or replacing, get a gas safe engineer to fix

Thanks for the reply.
Engineer actually came today and re-charged the pressure vessel.
All seemed to be working ok but now the pressure is dropping when the heating is off to below 1 bar and there is a low pressure warning light. I've used the filling loop to top back up above 1 bar but it still gradually loses pressure. Any more ideas?

How did he drain the boiler off when he recharged....... Red nob

He drained it from one of the downstairs radiator drain valves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
You might have a EV (expansion vessel)...
Replies
Views
the pressure of my boiler looks unstable...
Replies
Views
That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
Back