Heat leak radiator | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Heat leak radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, not been on here for ages, until I received a reminder the other day.

Anyway I replaced a Oil combi boiler last week, took out the old leaking Worcester combi an put in a Grant Combi 21e

Didn't have to change the pipe work at all apart from adjusting it to fit the new boiler. All plumbed in and working.

There is a Rayburn range attached to the system, it only is used for cooking. But still has a heat exchanger.

It has a Heat Leak radiator attached to it which is also on the oil combi circuit. the customer rang to say that the Rayburn is overheating and cutting out.

Any ideas on the cause of this, could it be the central heating pump isn't running on the Grant combi to dissipate the heat?

The answer is in the title. Hows it going to leak heat if its in the same circuit as the combi?

query as to the model of rayburn thats vcutting out, if its a vapourising oil version, heat leak would normally be part od a 28mm gravity circuit to cyl, so whats going to be causing the cut out, could only be a failed oven stat if it had one, otherwise needs a service. If its a boiler/cooker. why would you need an oil boiler. Other slight query, if its a rayburn with heat ex, is it attached to a cyl? why the need for a combi? I have now thoroughly puzzled myself :)

query as to the model of rayburn thats vcutting out, if its a vapourising oil version, heat leak would normally be part od a 28mm gravity circuit to cyl, so whats going to be causing the cut out, could only be a failed oven stat if it had one, otherwise needs a service. If its a boiler/cooker. why would you need an oil boiler. Other slight query, if its a rayburn with heat ex, is it attached to a cyl? why the need for a combi? I have now thoroughly puzzled myself :)

The old combi boiler worked on the system, so cant understand why it wont do the same now !!

It is strange the have a Rayburn 480k pj but only use it for cooking on, but its connected to the central heating system.

Could it be that the new combi central heating pump isn't running to dissipate the heat !!

Curiousquestion is there some sort of delay when trying to type on here !!

so they have a rayburn that can do central heating & water, assumimg its a twin head pj model and you also have a combi on the system????????????

Yes well done; the Rayburn boiler burner does not work. But its still connected to the central Heating system.
It all worked ok when the old Worcester combi was connected, now it overheats the Rayburn when it is on. There is no hot water cylinder

When the system was changed over you may have air in the system, I take it the new combi has built in pump with usual overrun, what brings the central heating pump on with the Rayburn if the pumps built in or is there a limit stat on rayburn pipe work that brings the pump on,

sorry to sound funny but you did blead the heat leak rad when filling and didn't forget it ??

sorry to sound funny but you did blead the heat leak rad when filling and didn't forget it ??

It was all bled and working. There is no pump on the rayburn, and no stat either. It all was working from the central heating boiler, prior to the change over...

Now it doesn't ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Problem found, it was a blockage... mostly in...
Replies
Views
E
I reckon if I did a survey of 100 heating...
Replies
Views
eco-heating options
E
What you are proposing to do is unlikely to be...
Replies
Views
The Boiler/system should have been...
Replies
Views
1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
Back