How much to replace toilets? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How much to replace toilets? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millsy 82

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Still trying to get used to pricing and I always think I'm massively overcharging to the point I get stressed.

Ive got to price for supply and fit of 2 toilets. The 1 is straight forward and the other is on 2" wooden block so may have to cut the plinth to make it look good remove the boxing to get to soil so I can replace the pan connector so I figure around 2 hours for 1, 3 for the other.

In total its supply and fit 2 toilets, pan connectors, New iso valves, refit and make good boxing etc travel there and back (about 30 mins each way so it is going to be best part of the day gone) Is £550 in total too much or am I just thinking too much about it.

Depends on what you are fitting.
Bog in a box from Ray is/was around £79 plus vat, £160 ex vat for bogs, pan conns £25 tops, so lets say £200 materials plus vat, £240 all in.
Plus days labour, for me would be £225 plus Vat, so £270, plus £240 = £510.
Think you are about right, at £550.

And yes you are thinking too much about it lol

Depends on the price of the toilets you will be supplying to be honest. I would probably charge about £200 labour for it.

Seems fair to me - and also remember this

If you do a job like this and finish around 2pm - YOU CANNOT GO AND DO another
job thats 3 hours long So make them pay for rthe rest of the day CHK
Depends on what you are fitting.
Bog in a box from Ray is/was around £79 plus vat, £160 ex vat for bogs, pan conns £25 tops, so lets say £200 materials plus vat, £240 all in.
Plus days labour, for me would be £225 plus Vat, so £270, plus £240 = £510.
Think you are about right, at £550.

And yes you are thinking too much about it lol

Last one I did came out at £220.00 including labour & materials.

Toilet was a plumbsure CC unit (nice toilet for the money imho) - for 60-70 quid inc the dreaded

Your price sounds good to me.

Well I have sent it over to him and he seems happy with it no email back saying that's expensive so that is a positive.

I figured even though it wouldn't take the day I have been and looked and spent an hour getting a price ready so that's 2 hours straight away. I really need to speed up doing quotes. Lol.

Hey Ray

Watch your email please - Mr Flowflex has come up trumps
I will update you

Rob

Won't be 550 if you quoted an arbitrage thanks toilets :eek:mg_smile::eek:mg_smile::eek:mg_smile::eek:mg_smile::eek:mg_smile::eek:mg_smile::eek:mg_smile::eek:mg_smile:

Does that include all the gubbins inside the cistern and seat?

Certainly includes the cistern innards. I can't remember whether there is a seat, but if there is it will be shyte. All the "free" seats are worth exactly what you pay for them. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Would cap both off separately cut just below...
Replies
Views
F
Thanks for your reply. I don't think so. I...
Replies
Views
Funkymunkey27
F
You may also find pushing the button sharply...
Replies
Views
Thank you so much - really appreciate the...
Replies
Views
N
No blockage in soil pipe? Was he a plumber or...
Replies
Views
Back