Ideal boilers | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal boilers in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

We have just had an Ideal Logic Heat 24 boiler installed in our house. We are not convinced that it is suffice to heat our house as we have 14 radiators and now have no hot water at all. Please can someone advise if we have made the right choice.
Thanks

please register with the forum

did the installer do a heat loss calc ?

No, calc was done. My old boiler stopped working and the plumber said that this one would do the same job. I have no controls for this boiler in the house either, I can only alter the house temperature on the actual boiler itself.

No, calc was done. My old boiler stopped working and the plumber said that this one would do the same job. I have no controls for this boiler in the house either, I can only alter the house temperature on the actual boiler itself.

if you dont mind how big is the house eg 3 4 bedrooms etc

and do you have a time clock ? port valves by the cylinder etc

We have 6 bedrooms over 3 floors. Do you mean the timer control? I'm not sure if we have port valves.
The previous boiler was a Glow Worm Ulltimate, if that helps.

We have 6 bedrooms over 3 floors. Do you mean the timer control? I'm not sure if we have port valves.
The previous boiler was a Glow Worm Ulltimate, if that helps.

yes

can you take a pic of where your cylinder is please

I think I have attached the photo correctly! There is a timer but it is from the old system, it is on but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Attachments

• 1466955142674-615257166.jpg
    1466955142674-615257166.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 151
yes you have any chance of a pic of them two pipes just out of shot to the left ?

and any chance of the boiler install as well ?

sorry to be a pain

I have attached the photo.

Attachments

• 14669556693961919534922.jpg
    14669556693961919534922.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 151
right ok just hope you have a system boiler any chance of a pic of the boiler? with as much pipework as you can

Sorry for the delay, please see attached.

Attachments

• 20160626_165314.jpg
    20160626_165314.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 133
  • 20160626_165310.jpg
    20160626_165310.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 81
Well Shaun, what do you think of the soldering?

thats a mess / rubbish install

right do you have any other pipes on show / and have seen any of these?

solar-water-heating-circulation-pump-mains.jpg

honeywell-v4043h1106-28mm-motorised-2-port-zone-valve.jpg

if you dont mind op how much did you pay for the install?

Last edited:
Well Shaun, what do you think of the soldering?

that is rubbish :D even went to the expense of using Yorkshire you thinking diy/inexperienced ?

and no bender :(

I found them underneath the cylinder, they are boxed in. This guy is gas registered with his own company and we have used him a number of times. Perhaps he is becoming complacent?

Attachments

• 20160626_171318.jpg
    20160626_171318.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 20160626_171216.jpg
    20160626_171216.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 79
  • 20160626_171209.jpg
    20160626_171209.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 71
It does say Ideal heat,
I think the op needs to get another GSR with G3 qualification Asap.

What do you advise? Should I have this removed and ask for a refund? Although not likely to happen!

What do you advise? Should I have this removed and ask for a refund? Although not likely to happen!

they boiler maybe ok as 24kw - 5 (about) for your cylinder gives you 19kw for heating 10 rads as you wont have all of them the same size and small ones etc sounds about right

but the install thats another cookie :(

also no mag filter on return

just a side note if you could and have the space get them moved from under the cylinder

24kw is about right for your house if the system is piped correctly , if piped without using pipe benders and simply tight angled 90 bends then theres so much restrictions the pump has to work that bit harder , especially since youve 3 floors,
Why dont you think its sufficient ?? are the rads not heating , i hope the installer balanced the system properly, i certainly didnt like the look of his pipework its atrocious,

I'm concerned as we are getting no hot water at all and none of the existing controls work. I asked for the boiler to be replaced like for like but now looking at reviews for this one I am not convinced. The plumber is coming tomorrow to look at it so I will raise my concerns with him.

if you would can you keep us updated

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Lou, It's been the same since 19th May...
Replies
Views
H
Prob blocked / frozen condense pipe does it...
Replies
Views
I need someone to replace my boiler, I am...
Replies
Views
Thanks to @ShaunCorbs and @cjg for the helpful...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Back