Intergas boiler, help please. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Intergas boiler, help please. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Ezki1

Hi everybody,
so I had my brand new intergas boiler fitted a few weeks ago, all working fine until I wanted to set up the timer as going away in a few days. My intentions was for it just to set it up to come on for couple of hours of the morning and evening. With the instructions missed place I'd thought to have a quick look to see how easy it was to set up. So I gathered with it being on c-on that works by calling for heat from the wireless thermistate, t-on would be the timer, so just needed to figure out how to put times into, thought I'd come back to that after I've found the instructions,
since then, ( couple of days ago ) leaving the boiler in c-on mode I've noticed the boiler coming on in the morning and evening, not sure for how long but the thermistate is set very low and not calling for gas but boiler still heating up the radiators. Tonight I've now left in off mode as heat is not needed for next 12hrs or so.
could somebody tell me what I've done.
also is it easy to programme the times in, I.e to come on at 7 am and turn off at 8am then on at 1900 and off at 2000.
also is it normal to get a clunking noise from boiler now and again even when it's not been on.
thanks in advance.
neil.

Look on line for instructions on controller , is this a programmable room stat that you have & what make & Model is it

The thermistate is salus rt300 rf, none programmable type.
The boiler is hre 28/24. I've checked instructions and nothing to say why rads on when thermistate not calling for heat.

Then get installer back, for some reason boiler is picking up a power supply, fault with wiring or another control

The rt300 is non programmable. You will have to set it to a temp (higher than ambient) and then set the boiler timer( presuming it has one from what you desctibe) to the desired time.
If its coming on then 1 of 2 things are happening.

1.Interference simply change the channel on rt300. You can do this of call the installer.
2. You have set the timer on the boiler.

Last edited by a moderator:
btw if you are away for any period of time, set your room stat to a low temp say 10 degrees and the boiler onto constant or c. then when it freezes outside at 2 in the morning the boiler will come on, keep your house warm upto 10 degrees and prevent burst pipes, this wont happen if you set it at twice a day, only speaking from experience and seeing several flooded houses

The rt300 has a frost protect feature built in.
Press and hold the snowflake to activate

trouble is they work at around 5 degrees, by that time pipework has pften frozen near outside walls, from what i have come across

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Ok, thanks will let here leave it is
Replies
Views
S
Yes I gathered you meant that cover, but it...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Or elec bills as it would be running...
Replies
Views
170L is barely enough for 2 showers for us...
Replies
Views
Yep I think that’s got to be the next step. I...
Replies
Views
Back