Leaking Boiler - Prima 50B | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Leaking Boiler - Prima 50B in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DaveyO

Hi, hit a problem! Boiler was leaking from the housing at the bottom. Isolated the boiler removed front cover and water spurting out from the drain off valve location. It's not the actual valve itself. The valve sits in a small housing bolted to the side of the boiler. It's this housing that has a pin hole in it which the water was escaping from. I turned the water off at the mains as the feed and return pipes were boxed in above boiler. I then removed the cap off the valve and drained down. The boiler has been in the house since it was built in 1996, header tank in the attic with cylinder in airing cupboard. Managed to isolate boiler so we have water - but no heating. I'm concerned the cause could be corrosion. I didn't strip the boiler any further but it shows signs of rust in the area where it's leaking. I'm assuming this will probably need to be replaced in full or do you feel it could be repaired given where the leak is coming from? I'm looking to call out a plumber but thought I'd seek your expert advice first which would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dave

Hi and welcome to the forum DaveyO,
Firstly you need to register and repost the Q`s for help but if the gas boys decide that you`ve broken the law by doing what you`ve already done then they can`t offer any help.

As your boiler is 19yrs old it could easily turn into a money pit is my best guess. Post up where you live as we have members all over the UK willing to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

T
I know you must be frustrated, but as gmartine...
Replies
Views
It's a sealed system so if its leaking from...
Replies
Views
L
I can see the small leak in back boiler, have...
Replies
Views
LyndaB
L
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
PH is 7.5. Chloride is 194. The last water...
Replies
Views
Back