leaking cylinder coil | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss leaking cylinder coil in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

neilpackman

As the coil is leaking the small water tank is overflowing, anything I can do to slow this down, will truning the heating water off help!

hi Neil.
assuming the diagnosis is correct,
just get on with arranging for a new hot water cylinder to be fitted.

Many thanks, but funds are short for now, just nned to stop the leaking until I can afford to fix it!

To be honest your going to have to change it sppner or later so might aswell get it sorted.

To be honest your going to have to change it sppner or later so might aswell get it sorted.

I would love to but funds are short this month, will turning the hot water and heating off stop the leaking

ah well atleast you know itts piped in correctly!! better that the other tank overflowing!!!

Neil, in order to stop the leak you will have to turn off the water to both loft tanks. Then once the larger tank has drained down to the water level in the smaller tank the leak will stop.

As as the other guys have said though get it sorted ASAP as your water system at home will be next to useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Im 99% sure its not the pump sound. just...
Replies
Views
S
hi! I'll try to upload a picture but the pipe...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Thanks Oz, yeah I have bought solar compatible...
Replies
Views
Back