Leaking valve on boiler piping | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Leaking valve on boiler piping in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TanyaB

Hello - Could anybody identify what this valve is please. It has started leaking a lot and is on the hot water pipe coming out of the boiler, which is Boulter Economy standard oil boiler, vented system. It has a nut on top that was half a turn undone so I tightened it hoping it would stop. It hasn't.

Thankyou

DSCN0051.jpg

I would rather put a proper 3bar PRV on.
Those relief valves, as in photo are just tightened up on their adjustment nut to a guessed tightness for the pressure blow off.
The O ring seal in them just perishes with heat

I would rather put a proper 3bar PRV on.
Those relief valves, as in photo are just tightened up on their adjustment nut to a guessed tightness for the pressure blow off.
The O ring seal in them just perishes with heat

I agree, them things are awful.

I agree, them things are awful.

Yes, everything is so wrong about them! If they ever did open under pressure I bet they would fail to seal again at all and flood the place.
I remember it was obviously a cost thing, - at least about 4 times the price between a 1/2" valve like that and a proper 3bar valve.
I don't think I have ever seen a PRV opening due to a boiler being over pressured when frozen pipes, or in fact any vent/feed blocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

T
I know you must be frustrated, but as gmartine...
Replies
Views
T
It looks like the leak is from higher up, the...
Replies
Views
It's a sealed system so if its leaking from...
Replies
Views
It seems to be a case of having to watch and...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, Baxi Ecoblue System boiler...
Replies
Views
Back